Primo XL in Dandenong

• Thanks for the tip off. I have a mate looking at a new BGE or KJ so I'll let him know this one is available. The last one down here before Xmas went on eBay for around $1500 so the price isn't too bad.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I sent a message, he doesn't have any deflector plates so I'd say he has no idea how it works. Probablky why he's selling after only 2 years.

Any suggestions from owners of one about what else we'd need to add to it ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Is there a vertical plate which divides the charcoal area in half ? I doesn't look like he has one, maybe another accessory.

.....ah, wait on, just found it as another accessry $95

Lots of places out of stock on these too.

• You could quite easily get one cut at a metal fabrication joint out of 8 or 10mm steel .

I could provide measurements if needed ….

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Found it online for $95 so no dramas but thanks for the offer.

I'm tempted myself if my mate doesn't want to go for it. I'd have to sell my beloved BGE though, having both would be overkill, even for me. :(

• Pricing is about right given that’s close to $3,500 new.

It's more with the cart but does lack a few essentials.

• I still have my new deflector holders (drip pan racks) if you want my old ones. No charge just the freight. There are a few scratches on them but otherwise they are still in good nick. Kookabanus has an XL so should be able to help on the ground with you. It’s a minimum 2 person move.

Would recommend the ash tool but a BGE one is OK too.

Firebox Divider is recommended but not essential as given size of firebox you can just pile charcoal up on one side.

As a nice to have is a Ash Basket but they are $300.

I have never used a BGE but what I will say is they are far and away better than the Saffire I had purely due to true dual zone cooking ability.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• Cheers mate, I'll let you know. I think they are there from the pics.

• I really can't understand how they guy would have a grill that good and not have deflectors. That will keep me awake tonight. ;(

• My mate doesn't want to go ahead so I've asked the seller if I can come down and check it out. No response yet. He's got a few decent items on Guntree like high quality TV/HiFi stuff so maybe he's on the move, hence the need to sell the Primo.

How did you guys transport yours ?

• I’m moved mine in an empty I load van ,

Take the lid off

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• I took the firebox out and used ratchet straps in the back of the ute for the outer shell. I think BBQbushy took the lid off. I didn't bother as it was a short trip and with Bilda and myself we could manage.

Firebox inside the car in blankets.

to lift you need two people it weights a good 60-80 kgs. see link below.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The video below shows you the benefits of Dual Zone cooking which this guy does without the Deflectors.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I use the deflectors on the cool side of the grill.

As I said as the Firebox is really big you don't technically need the firebox divider. I have cooked without it and simply pile the charcoal up on one side of the firebox.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• How I moved mine.

Jimmy70
    February 23, 2020 at 6:01 PM

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Thanks guys.

There's a guy on YouTube talking about his Primo and mentions that there's crazing of the ceramic but says it's normal. Any of you experience that ? My Egg or even the old Royal didn't have that problem.

• oh and had a Dolly (movers board with 4 wheels on it) to put the grill on and get it to the car and then lift it in. so lift out of Table onto dolly then wheel to car and then lift in.

Careful when you take the Firebox out as unit will be top heavy and could fall over. there is not coming back from that.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!