Grillz portable BBQ

• I saw these and at $142 delivered, I couldn't help myself.

Grillz BBQ $142

I like the twin control burners which should make keeping the temperature down easier. Most of the portables get too hot and their control knobs hardly do anything.

I have covered that in here before and posted the fix here: Slowing the gas flow

Anyway, at the price I think it's worth trying something new. I see they are over $300 in Harvey Norman and online in a couple of places. There's also some listed around this price as well.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Gumb

Changed the title of the thread from “SS portable BBQ” to “Grillz portable BBQ”.
  • There seems to be a few with the same body but different controllers.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• It arrived today. 8o

Initial impression is good. The BBQ is reasonably light but the ss grill is quite heavy so that's good.

The fold up legs are a bit annoying so depending on whether you need them they could easily be fived with pop rivets or maybe something which could fix them temporarliy and be removed if needed. No big deal eother way.

What I'll be most interested in is the temp with only one burner on low.

• I've given it a burn-in and on full throttle it easily went past 250c, which is plenty hot enough. Turning it down to only one burner on low it sat locked on 200c which is perfect. Of course, it will naturally be a bit lower than that when there's food cooking inside.

• I bought a set of Grill Grates for it (you know how I love Grill Gtaes) and got a Grill grates griddle plate as well. I haven't seen them before but I reckon they are a very good addition to the GG range.

I heated it all up and gave the whole lot a spray with Canola oil to season everything.

And tonight I gave it a try with some scotch fillet and an egg.

Came out great and the egg just floated on the griddle plate.

• Did a lamb backstrap on this grill tonight and with the Grill Grates and the griddle plate, this is definitely my favourite gas BBQ and I think the Ziggy will be sold.

I grilled the backstrap on the grates at first and did a final sear on the griddle plate with only the one burner turned on under the grates.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!