What are you cooking - February

• Had one to share, so figured I'd kick this one off. You all know the rules but here they are anyway.

1 post per cook.

Detailed cooks, something cool or something new, please give it the respect it needs by putting it in it's own thread in the correct area, we all like that.

6 3 pics per post max. (I'm running a book on how long it is till Gumb changes this to 3, pm me 8) )

It's been changed  :P

and remember...... :w

Wazza's version of a cheese steak sanga. Beef rump smoked in the komado with a head of garlic next to it. Coals were setup near the front so the eggplant can be cooked over the coals.

Marsdam cheese, and red onion with yellow, red and green capsicum sweated down in a pan.

Eggplant once cooked to a mush blitzed with the now soft garlic to make sauce.

Sauce on the bottom piece of Turkish bread, meat, cheese and veggies. Some of us also added avocado.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Edited once, last by Wazza ().

• Sorry, I've been away camping so wasn't around to start the new thread. Thanks Waz. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Sorry, I've been away camping so wasn't around to start the new thread. Thanks Waz. :thumbup:

No probs, but just realised I didn't put the rules up properly, will edit and do it now.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I have made 鯵のタタキ/Tataki of horse mackerel.

Please forgive me if I have this wrong, but is this fish which has been 'cooked' in acid and spices? Is this similar to what I would call a ceviche?

I love this sort of dish, would like to hear more detail on how it's done please?

• Hi Wazza,

It is raw horse mackerel. It is traditional Japanese food.

I did not know what ceviche is, so I checked it out on the Internet. It was Spanish dish.

鯵のタタキ is traditional Japanese food. And it is not cooked.

Edited once, last by Yukkie1 ().

• Finally got some Costco quail. Wanted to get some crispy skin so decided to cook on the Weber using the Kettle Kone with lump charcoal.

It worked!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Time for some burgers. And what better than the trusty old gasser for the job.

They get Alan's approval.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Homemade Pastrami on Homemade Grilled Sourdough with White Plastic Cheese, Russian dressing and Boars Head Chipotle Mayo! I guess some meat fell out and I did not know it!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Steak on the Weber over red gum charcoal with jacket spuds.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I've got a 1.8kg rack of pork spares to do tomorrow from Costco. Pumped as. From memory their spares take WAY longer than you think, unlike the baby b's which fly through pretty quick.

Weber Q3200, Weber Original Premium Kettle

• Scotch fillet on the Cobb using redgum charcoal as the fuel.

We had it with chips and salad and just a touch of Lillies Smokey BBQ sauce.

• When I see something cooked on something round I'm used to it being a komado, so my first thought was 'that bit of steak is huge', then I remembered the size of the Cobb.

• Roast chicken and veggies on tthe BGE

• Pork knuckles in the UDS.

Just managed to fit the two pans in!

Didnt get the skin as crispy as I would have liked, should have given it a final blast in the oven. Oh well, kids and wife were happy.

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Pork knuckles in the UDS.

I vote this one gets it's own thread, I for one would like more detail as it looks like something I might want to do.

• I'll leave the decision to RiffRaff. He may not any more pics.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!