• went to a wedding the weekend before the easter long weekend and caught it. 30 guests of the 100 that i am aware of also caught including my wife and kids.

They had mild symptoms and of course i got destroyed by it. Isolating as i still test positive on RAT tests.

sickest i ever been, covid is no joke.

Elderly grandfather contracted covid from one of us (he didn't go to the wedding) and sadly passed away Thurs evening. He was 94.

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• Sorry to hear Swampy. While very sad, is no one's fault, unfortunately bad luck happens. What was his name, I'll happily raise a glass for him.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Sad news but I’m afraid there’s no avoiding it. We will all be exposed sooner or later.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• 94 is a great innings. Very sad story, however it will come for us all at some stage. It doesn’t discriminate.

Celebrate the memories Swamptrout . After all is said and done that’s all we have.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• sorry for your loss Swamptrout.

My grandfather is also 94 and has somehow avoided it despite living in the UK and going out weekly with his mates. He had underlying health issues so hoping he keeps clear of it, but even he admits he will get it at some point.

It's slowly doing the rounds at my work. We had a going away party for some staff on Friday and it seems a few picked it up while we were out and now others are showing symptoms. We all took RATs today just in case, but just like my outlook on life... I'm negative!

• Just coming out of ISO just before Election day, both my wife and I got it but I got the lighter end of it.

Basically just got a nagging and itching cough, the first day giving me a slight fever, aching joints, nothing much that a normal flu or virus has given me in the past.

I'm double vaxxed with Astrazenica but the wife got Pfizer as she was under 60 at the time (still is)

My wife on the other hand suffered more, came down with elevated temps, aching joints and towards the end of her 7 days, has significantly lost her taste and smell, can barely smell Keens curry powder and is very very scared by this. We think we got it from our house hunting ventures down at Albury and mixing with the estate agents and going to clubs and cafes....I started to feel something going on the night we were driving back to Sydney. I feel ok now but that itchy cough hasn't gone away completely. I'm just praying my wife gets her taste and smell back.

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• From all reports I've had in our 4WD club (290 members and we are all retirement age) the symptoms can vary greatly as you have found Davo.

We have had several members get very sick and one went to hospital but we haven't had any of our group have long term effects so hopefully that will apply to your wife too.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Yes lets hope so Gumb, she is quite flustered with the situation right now and of course Dr Google has come up with several different outcomes. Especially for a Japanese woman, she relies on her taste buds so much....now she feels like her lifestyle has ended.

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• It's slowly doing the rounds at my work. We had a going away party for some staff on Friday and it seems a few picked it up while we were out and now others are showing symptoms. We all took RATs today just in case, but just like my outlook on life... I'm negative!

I ended up getting caught up in this outbreak. Although I didn't really get hit all that bad. I kept testing negative on RATs, but I had to take by son for a PCR as he was a close contact at day care and too young to use a RAT on... Decided to get one myself while I was there as work were thinking of sending me to Melbourne... Son tested negative and I tested positive.

Only real symptoms were the Covid fog and a general feeling of tiredness. Ended up working from home for a week and took a grand total of 4 hours off work. Managed to go the entire week of isolating away from the family too and didn't spread it to the kids... but then they both got it from one of their friends anyway. They were both pretty much fine though other than a day or two of high temps which were kept under control with neurofen.

My wife has some kind of super resistance as she never got it from me or the kids, despite being around all of us constantly while infectious.

The one odd thing was that I never tested positive on a RAT, even after my positive PCR. Took a couple during my infectious period and they all came back negative.

• Oh, bugger. It’s my turn.

Three days in and it hasn’t been any worse than a normal head cold, but I’ve just lost my sense of taste. Food goes in my mouth, I feel the juices squeeze out when I bite and then………..nothing. It makes eating an utterly joyless experience. This must be what it’s like to be vegan.

• I've had a flu like cold for about 2 weeks and it's been worse than when I had covid-19.

Luckily, I didn't lose the sense of taste so it was very mild. Hope you get well soon.

• Oh, bugger. It’s my turn.

Three days in and it hasn’t been any worse than a normal head cold, but I’ve just lost my sense of taste. Food goes in my mouth, I feel the juices squeeze out when I bite and then………..nothing. It makes eating an utterly joyless experience. This must be what it’s like to be vegan.

I know Chefs who are 7-8 months after getting Covid, still do not have the sense of taste back......that is end of career for a Chef!

• Im currently down as well, went positive yesterday at work. Theres currently a large wave sweeping across camp and I guess it was inevitable...

So far Its very mild compared to others I know. Slight runny nose and the odd sneeze.

Wish I wasnt doing isolation in a bloody mining camp tho...

• I do know 1 mining camp where they thought they'd deliver microwave meals to those in iso, would have been a great idea if the rooms had microwaves.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!