Who understands electrickery? Battery charger question

• I got myself some you beaut (cheap) car battery charger from Amazon.

Every battery charger, or jumper cables, I've ever owned over the last 40 years, had black cable and clip for negative, and red for positive.

This new charger has black wire and clip for neg, but the positive has a red clip, but black and red wire?

Why?

At a glance, you could connect it by glancing at the black wire and connect it wrong.

The only thing, and because electrical items are the keepers of Dark Magic and Voodoo type stuff, is that this charger will also charge a positive earth car/battery.

Although I've never come across a car that is positive earth, it's the only thing I can think of, to have both red and black on the positive wire.

Thanks for any feedback.

It's not a biggie of a problem. Just curious.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

• My first car was a 1949 Austin A40 which was positive earth but that’s the only one I’ve ever heard of. I can’t remember but I’m not sure if it was only 6v but I could be wrong there.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I did a quick Google search, and according to a peer reviewed study and the latest Dept of Education curriculum, it's more important to find out what each clip identifies as, rather than making assumptions based on physical appearance or its ability to perform a specific function.

If your battery explodes, then it clearly was not being affirming, supportive and, dare I say it.....

positive...

• "it's more important to find out what each clip identifies as"

I don't care what it does on its own time. When I'm using it, it can be identified as mine.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!