Gas pizza oven knockoffs

• I paid a price for ignoring this forum in December when Coles were doing a "Monro" product, which appears to be a pretty decent knockoff of the Ooni gas pizza oven.

Now, I am partial to a decent pizza and I love the idea of an Ooni or a Gozney but they are ~$800. I also like the look of the Breville electric Piazzaololololol but it is $999.

I saw a comment that it's surprising that there aren't more knockoffs.. the design is relatively simple and the materials aren't exactly diamonds and titanium.

Does anyone have a knockoff/clone that they'd recommend?

• VEVOR VEVOR Portable Pizza Oven Pro Woodfired Pellet Pizza Oven With Free Pizza Slicer | VEVOR AU
    Buy VEVOR Portable Pizza Oven Pro Woodfired Pellet Pizza Oven With Free Pizza Slicer at cheap price online, with Youtube reviews and FAQs, we generally offer…
    www.vevor.com.au

VEVOR VEVOR Portable Pizza Oven Wood Fired Oven Fast Heating BBQ Grill w/Feed Port | VEVOR AU
    Buy VEVOR Portable Pizza Oven Wood Fired Oven Fast Heating BBQ Grill w/Feed Port at cheap price online, with Youtube reviews and FAQs, we generally offer free…
    www.vevor.com.au

Good Hunting!

• THESE!

Are an Amazing oven. Love mine.

I usually do my pizzas in the Ziggy, but at that price I’m tempted to give one of these a go.

I assume you’re doing the dough from scratch?

A few reviews mention uneven cooking and burning where the elements are.

Have you found this the case, Captain?

• Have you found this the case, Captain?

I do make my own dough and like any pizza oven you rotate you pizza for even cooking.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Really tempted by the Ooni Karu 16

Yeh, me too. It looks excellent but the price is ridiculous and it looks hard to source anyway. The Pro looks excellent too, but frankly the Karu 12 also looks good. They all seem to do a good job of getting to 450C.

I considered the Fyra (pellet) which is on special at Anaconda for $499 but that's still pretty pricey and it wasn't in stock locally.

• Seen these In Anaconda couple weeks ago .

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• I gave in and ordered the Vevor again.

I am unsure if it is crap or user error or pellet error.

I have definitely struggled to get it hot enough. I will give it a try with another brand of pellet. I am currently using the Heat Beads Apple and Oak - I figured they're hardwood so all good, but I suspect the moisture is high to encourage a smolder.

With effort I can get it to about 350C, well short of the 500.

That said.. it didn't have an instruction booklet. My second attempt I put some charcoal in to try and give a hot bed, but this was a disaster. Next time I'll follow the Fyra instructions, which is to get a decent burn of a small amount of pellets, and then continually add a little at a time.

• I'm calling it. This Vevor thing sucks. And I mean sucks hard.

There is a slim chance that the pellets are to blame, but with a second batch using a different brand, nothing is improving. The fire just refuses to get hit and everything is a horrible smoky smoulder.

Has anyone had luck using an Ooni Fyra in Australia with pellets bought at Bunnings?

• Sounds like me and the Jumbuck, which I'll likely give to anyone who asks nicely.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I sold my jumbuck one - rubbish !!!

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!