New Traeger Timberline XL - What do we think?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• jimmy480 April 2, 2022 at 12:11 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “New Traeger Timberline - What do we think?” to “New Traeger Timberline XL - What do we think?”.
  • I think... can the traeger sear yet?

Well with a built in induction cooker I guess it can with a cast frying pan.

I like it.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Too big for most home BBQ chefs. How many times would any of us need that amount of grill area ? Some occasions, yes, it would be handy but 90% of the time you are heating a large chamber for a small amount of food so pellet usage would be higher than what is ideal.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• How many times would any of us need that amount of grill area ? Some occasions, yes, it would be handy but 90% of the time you are heating a large chamber for a small amount of food so pellet usage would be higher than what is ideal.

Which is why I got the Asmoke to compliment the Traegar, but at times the Asmoke really battles with room trying to feed my lot.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Massive rig indeed....probably more suited to a restaurant though than for home IMO......unless you have a tribe like Wazza ;) .

The guy needs a lesson in the difference between T Bone & Porterhouse/Striploin though.....that's a T Bone with fillet in any lingo not a Porterhouse.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I saw this last night, a couple of cuts in there I've never heard of that look pretty good.

• I can remember growing up and dad used to call them L bones - because his dad had taken the best bit fillet off for himself . 😂

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!