What are you cooking - April

• D'oh ! Forgot again !!

Y'all knows them rools.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Gumb April 2, 2022 at 7:59 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “What are youi cooking - April” to “What are you cooking - April”.
  • Some lamb ribs as a snack for the Western Derby. Pity bout the result.

Just S&P over a bit of pecan on the UDS.

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Just a simple Beef & Pork meatloaf. About 4.5lbs. 325° till 145° IT and then pulled and rested 5 minutes. The probe is dead center. I figure about 90 minutes.

I realize they probably eat meatloaf all over the world. But for me, a classic Americana meal. It was very good!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• Just decided I would make some Andouille. Last time I smoked it, I had bad issues with the casing. Never happened before. Hoping it was old, bad hog casing. But just to hedge my bets I did some in cellulose casings too. The natural casing need to air dry about 2 hours, (you use what you got) not sure it will help in the cellulose casing, but cant hurt. Supposed to smoke 3 hours at 150°, then raise temperature to 170°. I cant get that low on the Pro, I can get to about 175° with some fiddling, so will probably just try that and pull at 140° to 150°, and hope it get some smoke on it.

Probably will not get more then an hour in the smoke for the small ones. Hoping the natural casings can go at least 2.

• Cooked up a point end 2.5kg brisket on my AS350 on Saturday. Came out amazing, my first brisket on any smoker so i now want to really attempt it on my offset CharGriller stick burner. I could've trimmed it a little more to remove some of the fat but i was so happy with it.

Used to own: Beefeater 5 Burner BBQ, Weber Baby Q. Currently own: CharGriller Double Play with side fire box as offset, Asmoke AS350

• Bradobeero. It’s definitely worth the effort on an offset. My favourite flavour profile comes off cooking on a live fire.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Square-cut lamb shoulder on the WSM on the weekend. 2.6Kg cut 'lightly dusted' with BBQ Mafia Lamb rub. Went on at 12:45 pm with a few chunks of Applewood and a firebox full of charcoal. Took off after 3 hours, boated and covered with 2/3 of a bottle of red, some onions, garlic, rosemary and lemon chunks. Used all the liquid and garlic from the boat to make a gravy. It was the first time I've ever made gravy and it worked out very nice! Can't believe I've not done that before!.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• A little tough on the one end, but the majority of the Steak was very tender and very flavorful. Better then the Omaha or the Piedmontese Beef. 12 minutes at 600°. Pulled at 127°.

qcwvXqyh.jpg

rFIrjPEh.jpg

dfSSz72h.jpg

• advice on temps and time please, I have some going in the GMG on Sunday. They look amazing by the way! Wazza I know you'll have some info...

Who dobbed me in?? ;)

110C, depending on size I'd say around 3 hours, I'd definitely be checking them from 2.5 hours though. Big mutton ribs could be 4 hours. They will look after themselves, no need to wrap or fiddle with them, a very forgiving cook where you just need to watch for doneness and pull at desired texture.

Some people spritz, I don't bother.

EDIT:

I just looked at RiffRaff ribs again, looks like that cook was nailed. Firm enough to slice, but looks like it will pull of the bone nicely, they look great.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!