What are you cooking - April

• Tri tip on the weber kettle. Dusted with a bit of HCC Black and reverse seared to 130F internal before a quick flash over the coals to finish.

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Bduza yeah mate, I did these ones just like a roast but went for well done as I love the crispy bits on shanks. 2hrs on the Weber with 27 heat beads in each basket either side.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Turkey legs in the Ugly Drum. Been in brine since I started this damn close contact isolation.

These took about 5 hours all up. Tasty as. Next time ill organise a sauce of some description.

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Chicken breast on the baby kamado. It's a great way to use up the small bits of charcoal left over in the Big Green Egg.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Only just back from Easter Hol's. Looks like there has been some great BBQ action happening over the last few weeks! Here is one of my contributions from just before I went away; My last pack of Cape Grim Beef Ribs from the freeezer. Done on the WSM with homemade SPG and some applewood from Bilpin. Tried wrapping them in butcher's paper at the 4 hour mark and they came out really nice, as you'd expect from Grimmies. Served with a smashed potato and some vegies.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• Square-cut lamb forequarter, smothered with Butchers Axe Hunter rub, boated and served with TWO types of potato and veggies. Ran a bit hotter than usual due to time constraints beyond my control, but the lamb turned out really, really nice.

First time cooking low'n'slow on a "classic" Webber. This unit belonged to my grandparents and is nearly as old as I am! It held its temp so well for the entire 6-hour cook; it was amazing! Also got to use a Meater for the first time and really impressed with that too.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• Square-cut lamb forequarter, smothered with Butchers Axe Hunter rub, boated and served with TWO types of potato and veggies. Ran a bit hotter than usual due to time constraints beyond my control, but the lamb turned out really, really nice.

First time cooking low'n'slow on a "classic" Webber. This unit belonged to my grandparents and is nearly as old as I am! It held its temp so well for the entire 6-hour cook; it was amazing! Also got to use a Meater for the first time and really impressed with that too.

Did you have any issues with range using the Meater?

I've heard they had problems transmitting through the body of the Weber.

• I've heard they had problems transmitting through the body of the Weber.

Did have some issues but I put it down to the phone's Bluetooth chip and antenna setup (it's a Samsung / Android, couple of years old)? As it was not my phone or my Meter, can't comment much more but I did suggest that they set up another older phone to use as a MeaterLink and place it right beside their Weber and I'll let you know how they go if they end up doing that. I plan to use it with Smartfire on WSM and an iPhone so I imagine I'll not have any issues.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!