What are you cooking - April

• Tri tip on the weber kettle. Dusted with a bit of HCC Black and reverse seared to 130F internal before a quick flash over the coals to finish.

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Bduza yeah mate, I did these ones just like a roast but went for well done as I love the crispy bits on shanks. 2hrs on the Weber with 27 heat beads in each basket either side.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Turkey legs in the Ugly Drum. Been in brine since I started this damn close contact isolation.

These took about 5 hours all up. Tasty as. Next time ill organise a sauce of some description.

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Chicken breast on the baby kamado. It's a great way to use up the small bits of charcoal left over in the Big Green Egg.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Only just back from Easter Hol's. Looks like there has been some great BBQ action happening over the last few weeks! Here is one of my contributions from just before I went away; My last pack of Cape Grim Beef Ribs from the freeezer. Done on the WSM with homemade SPG and some applewood from Bilpin. Tried wrapping them in butcher's paper at the 4 hour mark and they came out really nice, as you'd expect from Grimmies. Served with a smashed potato and some vegies.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• Square-cut lamb forequarter, smothered with Butchers Axe Hunter rub, boated and served with TWO types of potato and veggies. Ran a bit hotter than usual due to time constraints beyond my control, but the lamb turned out really, really nice.

First time cooking low'n'slow on a "classic" Webber. This unit belonged to my grandparents and is nearly as old as I am! It held its temp so well for the entire 6-hour cook; it was amazing! Also got to use a Meater for the first time and really impressed with that too.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• Did you have any issues with range using the Meater?

I've heard they had problems transmitting through the body of the Weber.

• I've heard they had problems transmitting through the body of the Weber.

Did have some issues but I put it down to the phone's Bluetooth chip and antenna setup (it's a Samsung / Android, couple of years old)? As it was not my phone or my Meter, can't comment much more but I did suggest that they set up another older phone to use as a MeaterLink and place it right beside their Weber and I'll let you know how they go if they end up doing that. I plan to use it with Smartfire on WSM and an iPhone so I imagine I'll not have any issues.

• Post by Bentley Meredith ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!