What are you cooking - May

• The weather is getting colder and up north, wetter, but that doesn't mean we can't BBQ. :bbq:

Show us your stuff.....but as per the rules in this section, only 3 pics per post and only 1 post per cook. :yum)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Gumb May 1, 2022 at 10:43 AM

Approved the thread.
  • I'll kick this month off with some simple pork ribs cooked in the BSK kamado at 240c for a little over an hour. Brushed with a mix of tonkatsu and yakiniku, honey and soy sauce.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Sometimes in a busy family you need to come up with a very quick meal. I had some Costco polish brats and cheese cransky in the fridge. Cooked them up. Made up a quick coleslaw, into a bun with mustard.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Did some pork ribs yesterday for the public holiday. simple salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika & brown sugar rub. wrapped after 2 hrs with some butter, brown sugar & sauce. left in the wrap for 2ish hrs then a 45 min rest. Normally don't rest them but both the kids were sick so they needed to be put to bed before we ate.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

• Picked up a Cape Grim brisket the other week so decided to cut it up and cook the flat and save the rest for another day .

5.5 hours at 110c - hit 92c then rested for an hour . Came out good but not sensational….🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• A few friends over for a very Rib Sticking Bent kind of meal. Lots of fatting foods. Meat loaf with ground Rib Roast. Roasted Garlic mashed potatoes, Granma's Corn Pudding & ABT's and Devil's on Horseback for Starters. And Kristin's Italian Cream Cake for dessert!

I try and I try to get my meatloaf even and it always come out like CalTrans has been blasting away at it!

snxu0HLh.jpg

A5nZL9kh.jpg

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• Pork spare ribs on the BGE over redgum lump.

Cooked for 2 hours at 225f, then wrapped in foil with some added apple cider vinegar/BBQ sauce mix and cooked at 270f for one hour.

Then unwrapped, basted with more sauce mix and cooked for 10 minutes to set the sauce.

They literally fell off the bone.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Roast chicken and spuds on the Asmoke 300.

• A couple of quackers tonight, potatoes cooked in the duck fat.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Pork chops on the gasser. These were thick cut and it's very easy to over cook pork chops. Take them off when they hit 50c internal and let them rest in foil and they'll be perfect.

• Captain you’ve inspired me to try this… maybe next weekend. I haven’t had the Akron fired up for months and months, been hitting the kettle hard.

Love butter chicken on the kamado, cacciatore or a chilli con carne would be good too!

• More Weber love. Belly and saltbush hogget with some veg.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Meat and 2 snags.

Sous vide followed by super kamado heat. Positively surprised with the results of the snags cooked this way.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!