• Morning all have not been here for a while but back into it.

My original Aldi smoker had a fall a while back and twisted the cabinet and was quite a few years on.

Looking for a new smoker and noticed Aldi have their two door glass front smoker on special soon. This is still a Hark generic, gas and wood chip model.

Also looking at the Pit Boss Series 11 4 electric pellet smoker. Not requiring a heavy smoke or to BBQ meat but someting easy to operate and preforms well.

Any recommendation/suggestions from members who have these units or suggestions for a suitable smoker.

Take care Robert

• I prefer the taste of charcoal over pellets so I’d go for something that runs off charcoal.

Depending on your budget there’s a few good options out there from Kettles, bullets, kamado’s and gravity fed units.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• It is going to come down to your budget! Sounds like you are wanting a Cabinet, so the choices are limited. Electric, Gas, Pellet or Digital Charcoal.

Electric is limited, not a lot of space and small temperature range

Gas is good as a second warming oven

Pellet smokers work well but can't be used in a fire ban

Digital charcoal also work well but not able to be used in a fire ban

• Depending on how busy your life is, the set and forget of a pellet BBQ I think needs a mention.

This option will however cost more. How big do you need / want?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Not that big Wazza doing bacon, ham and slow cooked pork, beef and chicken. Just mainly for the family.

Think I will buy the Aldi when it is on shortly and save up for the pitboss 4 at this stage. For me the simpler the better.

Thank you Robert

• Think I will buy the Aldi when it is on shortly and save up for the pitboss 4 at this stage. For me the simpler the better.

Thank you Robert

I've eyed that pitboss off a number of times. A mate was looking for a pellet smoker so I told him to go and have a look at it and he bought it first sight.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Would love the pit boss but just spent the money on a new battery system in the van.

Went in Saturday and bought the Aldi smoker, more in my budget at this point in time. Can use the shelves and side brackets as well as the chip and water pan from the old smoker in the new one. Now I need to get it together as I bought some meat for bacon and ham.

Cheers Robert

• Hi OP! If you're looking for a good smoker to replace your Aldi, you may want to check out this website https://dicksonbbq.com/. They have a ton of different options that you can choose from whether it be electric, gas, or wood. They also carry a lot of different brands so you'll most likely find one that would suit your preferences and your budget.

• Based in Toronto - doubt you will find them any good to you here in AUS

Hi OP! If you're looking for a good smoker to replace your Aldi, you may want to check out this website https://dicksonbbq.com/. They have a ton of different options that you can choose from whether it be electric, gas, or wood. They also carry a lot of different brands so you'll most likely find one that would suit your preferences and your budget.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!