Asmoke AS 300, Anova Sous Vide and the Bluetti EB 70

• I wanted to check out the performance of the Asmoke using my Bluetti power pack as the 240v power source and made a video of the result.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Interesting, thanks for sharing this. I was expecting a higher draw when the hot rod is on, and was quite surprised how low the draw is once lit. Ranging between sweet FA and 20w is very low.

Do you still have a DC. If not I might see if I can do a similar experiment using my sisters bluetti. I know the DC can do 12v, but I want to compare apples to apples so will use 240v.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• No mate, I sold the DC quite a while back. I did try it in the car by plugging it in to the ciggy socket in the rear of the Paj but it blew the fuse.

The Bluetti is amazing and we now take an electric blanket away in the caravan and camper. Not really hard core camping but at our age, luxuries are necessities. ;)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Not really hard core camping but at our age, luxuries are necessities. ;)

I may have taken a coffee machine camping before..... cough..... generator.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Wazza yep been there done that. Last year on our trip to the Kimberley's with my Brother and Nephew we took the Nespresso pod machine and milk frother and fired up the generator each morning for Coffee. ;)

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• Here's a bonus, the Bluetti also runs my Anova sous vide stick. It draws arond 800w when heating if the water is cold but after it gets to temp, it draws around 130w fairly constantly.

So for camping, the solution is to heat the water on the stove or in my case, the Kelly Kettle. Then let it come back down to temp and add the food and turn on the Bluetti. It would run for at least 5 hours if needed but camping use would be more like 1 hour to reheat a precooked meal like the half kamado roast chicken I have left over from a home cooked meal. If there was still decent sunlight, the solar panels would keep up with the power draw. They put in around 130w when in full sun.

• Gumb May 13, 2022 at 12:29 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Asmoke AS 300 and the Bluetti EB 70” to “Asmoke AS 300, Anova Sous Vide and the Bluetti EB 70”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!