Traeger - pellet grills 2nd hand

• I found these on Gummie - anybody got any thoughts - should I buy them?

Treager smokers | BBQ | Gumtree Australia Goulburn City - Goulburn | 1294940695
    Have two full sized Eletric Treager smoker BBQs that are no longer needed Its been a while since I used them One is fully operational the other seems to have…
    www.gumtree.com.au

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• I wouldn't, and you know how I love to increase my armory.

I think you'd be gtting rid of them again in a short time.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• They seem very old and in not great nick.

I would give them a miss as i reckon you would spend a pretty penny on new parts to get them back up and running.

That is of course at $250.

If you are looking to fix them and on sell them then offer $100 and see what happens.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• That's a smaller version of mine.

Depending on need, I'd be tempted depending on what the electrical fault is. I've put an after market controller in mine after the original died.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Got them for 150, will report back and see how they go

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Collect both yesterday and gave the working one a run at lunch cooking some wings.

Haven’t looked at the one that doesn’t work yet.

First time using a pellet grill and was pretty impressed. Easy to use .

Not a heavy smoke flavour but the wings tasted bloody good

Never enough BBQ

• Bushy, Pellet grills arn't really that complicated and if you can't figure out the electrics underneath then you should be able to take off the hopper and slide it out and take it to any sparky or appliance repair place. It'd also be a good time to take out the auger and give it and the tunnel a really good clean up.

These look to be the first of the Chinese made Traegers as the American made ones had a round hopper and only a 3 speed hopper which in fact worked well. I changed mine to a digital and I couldn't get it to hold temp after woods.

The Both of them look to need a good sand down and respray with a high heat paint, possibly something you'd paint engine blocks with? But I reckon it'd be a good project not really costing a lot.

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• So pulled the one that wasn’t working apart…

Fuse blown big .75c at he auto store ..laughing 🤣

Turn on .

Auger works , No main fan , hot rod doesn’t heat and is cracked at pot … mmmmmmm🙄

So quick google … Amazon full kit to fix all the parts - spare auger motor. 120.

Now wait for the delivery out of US.

Never enough BBQ

• Replaced all the motors/ fans last week and it blew the fuse agoin 🤔

So I got more fuses and started disconnecting each device and turning on.

Fan worked , then auger motor and fan worked , about to plug the hot rod in and both motors start pissing smoke out and stop runnking 😡😡 both buggered!!! Grrrr

No I will have to get a new control panel as it’s obviously faulty - and 2 new fan motors …

About another 120 to spend -

The other one works great and been using it weekly at work for lunch time cooks.

Still undecided if I’ll spend the extra money to get this one running.

Never enough BBQ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!