Cooking Pork leg on the MB560 rotisserie.

• Good morning Ladies and Gentleman.

I have a plan for tomorrow to cook a rolled boneless leg pork on the Mb560 rotisserie. I would like to get a nice crackle on it as everyone likes on pork

Any hints or tips would be helpful.

:shrug: :shrug: Cheers

• Dry it down and keep it uncovered in the fridge over night or longer if you can. And lots of scoring on the skin and salt just before cooking.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• I'm the last person who can advise on crackle, as many in here know, I fail regularly on that but my solution has often been to take it off after the cook if it's not crisp and blast it direct on the BBQ.

I think on a rotisserie it will crackle well regardless. That's a lot of direct heat.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Thanks for the help. The pork is scored and salted in the fridge. I normally do what the Captain pointed to. I also pour boiling water on it. The normal pork with rind I cook is belly in the airfryer which is hard to get wrong. I will reply tomorrow arvo with the results.

• What temp are you planning to cook at?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• The plan is as follows. Starting with 220c for about 45 min to get the crackle. Then down to 180c till internal temperature of 63c. Throwing in some apple wood with the charcoal and in the ash tray.

• sounds OK to me

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• great result !

• Looks great. Was the gravy made from the drippings?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!