AMIC Sausage King competition

• Saturday I was on the judging panel for the Australian Meat Industry Council Regional Sausage competition.

Ready-to-Eat class had pies, sausage rolls, parmis, and an assortment of other pastries.

Sausages was Plain Aussie BBQ snags, Pork, Beef, Poultry, Continental and Open Class sausages.

Then bacon, ham off the bone, ham on the bone.

A new class for biltong and jerky this year.

Great event, dont need to eat for a week now!

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Wazza ive expressed my interest for next year, so when it comes around i'll see how they are going for numbers. Alternatively, I can speak to the guy from AMIC and see how their numbers are for the Metro South and Metro North comps?

Jimmy70 Different winners for each different class. Most of the butchers that competed took home a trophy or 2, for various items. Ill find the results and get back to you

BBQbushy this one was the WA regional comp. Held in Bunbury but open to all AMIC affiliated butchers outside Perth. Entries from Bunbury, Dunsborough, Donnybrook, Manjimup amd a few others. I think last year some produce was flown down from Pt Hedland!

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Need another judge for next year? I will be free.

Also is this one of those dentist type bookings? Where you have no idea where youll be in 12 months, but lock in a booking anyway 🤣

• Also is this one of those dentist type bookings? Where you have no idea where youll be in 12 months, but lock in a booking anyway 🤣

I know I'll be free... :D

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• What a feast !

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• BBQbushy this one was the WA regional comp. Held in Bunbury but open to all AMIC affiliated butchers outside Perth. Entries from Bunbury, Dunsborough, Donnybrook, Manjimup amd a few others. I think last year some produce was flown down from Pt Hedland!

Hopefully we will be able to get some entries in this year - only got 2 weeks notice of the extended small goods classes last year and I didn't have enough goods ready on time.

Once you put my meat in your mouth, you're going to want to swallow.

Edited once, last by PLButcher (January 18, 2023 at 11:34 AM).

• Outstanding! Congrats! What, meats were judged?

Gold for Coppa and Bronze for Pancetta

Basturma wasn't awarded - maybe not enough entries?

Prosciutto didn't rate - but that could simply be because I sent it skinless & boneless, not a whole untrimmed leg - I'll have to wait for judges comments to know for sure.

735 entries and two of mine rate right up there. Pretty damn chuffed! I'm now eligible to enter International Frankfurt Fleischermeister Awards in Germany 2025. That's gonna take some picking and choosing!

Once you put my meat in your mouth, you're going to want to swallow.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!