Another one from Redlands

• Found my way here from random google search.

It looks like there are a few BBQers in Redlands QLD!

After a few years without a BBQ (yeah I know!), I finally have ordered a pellet smoker, and can't wait to eat something good.

There's a local wood fired pizza joint and the smoke smell drives me nuts most days.

Just hanging out for it to be delivered.

• Welcome. We'll be interested to see how you go with the new toy. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• My mouth has been watering since I pressed the "Pay Now" button

Ha ! You have caught our disease already and there's no turning back. :D You are hooked.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Welcome to the forum JimmyRaven....there's plenty of great BBQ knowledge here so you won't be Q-ing alone.

The Louisiana is a great Pellet grill, a mate of mine bought one some years back and still gives it a good workout. You'll turn out some awesome grub on it for sure.

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• I was already hooked years ago, but only ever had a cheap bullet smoker from bunnings...

I spent more time trying to make it work than I ever did eating off it.

just trying to get an efficient fire from it was a nightmare and stable temperature was a only a dream.

No idea what is first, maybe just a simple roast or some steaks, but ribs are a most likely second.

• To see how well it holds temperature and to get a bit of flavour, I’d be doing a simple roast first.

Put the result and pics up in a new thread in the cooking section when you fire it up.

• Welcome and looking forward to how you find the grill.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Ordered on the 28th, arrived today.

Had chores to run all day so didnt get to assemble it till this evening.
    Desperate to burn it in... might do it tonight...

Pics when I can figure out how to access the forum from my phone.

And yes the hopper is small! 6kg!

• I don't think they have the Hopper extension here anymore, I heard they were discontinued.

Provided your Lousiana is under cover, some improvised divice that can fit inside the top of the hopper will ensure enough pellets are loaded. Maybe a fabricator can make one up to fit in the top of the hopper.....

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• I've now moved the post regarding arrival of the new grill to the charcoal section. This area is just for welcome chit chat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!