Does anyone own or use Napoleon Grills?

• G'day Everyone,

I was in at Bunnings the other day and was looking at the Napoleon range of Grills both in Gas & Charcoal they had there, they look and feel very well built and seem to be a popular made brand in the USA. The only Natural Gas models seemed to be their built -in models.

They have quite a few good features that may be better than Weber for which it looks as though they've targeted in their design with distinct differences. I'm loving the look of their cast iron grates in the wavy patterned design.

So does anyone own any of the grills from Napoleon and how do you rate them? Still love my Webers but also looking at feasible alternatives.

Looking at usability, ownability, would you buy another Napoleon grill or something else?

I will say that over the past couple of years, Bunnings have really stepped up their game as far as a variety of quality grills these days as well as Charcoal and all the accessories that are displayed, they are becoming a 1 stop BBQ shop in many ways. Thank heavens the big green shed is never too far away.

Cheers

Davo

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• Which model are you looking at Davo?

The issue I have with Bunnings and BBQs is that they can stock one brand today, have it for a few months and then ditch it.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Yeah Ian, the only issue I have with Bunnings is that their staff only half build those bloody grills and when you go to open the lid on them, they nearly come off in your hand making one feel like he's wrecked the damned thing.

No model or type in particular and haven't really considered to buy one but on inspection of the floor models they had, I think one was the stand alone Gas BBQ and there was a Charcoal kettle on too that looked the goods and I was wondering if any members have bought that brand.

I will say that as years go by, the amount of really good quality and design ideas of BBQ gear has improved out of sight...not like it was say 10 years ago. It's gotta be a good thing......don't mind some of the Pit Boss grills either another brand that's got a following.

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• I’ve got the Pro22 cart.

Love it my most used grill.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Thanks Bruckster, so in using the Pro22 cart which was one of them that really intrigued me, can you compare with say a Weber Kettle? Performance? easy to control temps etc? Easy to clean out ash? and how do the cast iron grill grates go? I see the Pro22 being very close to a Weber in size but missing that half inch. So with that, I wonder if one of those grates can be used on a Weber or it's be just the little bit short, was that done on purpose I wonder so the two makes can't use each other's grill grates, wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. The Grill grate they use apart from the wavy design is the closest thing here in Australia to the American Mallery hinged grates.

• Different temp control as you’ve would of noticed, but cooks exactly the same as my Webers.

I use it the most because of the cast iron grill and the fact that you can have the grill at different heights.

The Weber grates fit on it and vice-versa.

Ash is very easy to clean out just sweep it through the hole in the bottom.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• That's rather interesting Bruckster, I didn't actually notice you can adjust the height of the grates, I might have to go and have another look at that. It's also great that they are interchangeable.....and those CI grates really make a difference eh?

Thanks mate... :thumbup: 8)

• I definitely prefer direct grilling on the cast iron over the the stainless.

• Charcoal rear burner ? What a neat idea, most of them are gas aren't they.

How do you refill it along the way ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Post by Davo ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: i think i posted in wrong section ().
  • I have a Napoleon Charcoal Grill that is now 7 years old, looks like a 4 bnr. The charcoal tray raises and lowers by a handle on the side and it has a charcoal rear burner for the rotisserie.

Fantastic thing and well built!

Looks like a good solid Unit Chris, didn't know that they imported the Napoleon grills 7 years ago but it looks like whats currently on offer. I was wondering though, don't you mean infrared burner at the rear? That's a gasser isn't it or both gas and charcoal?

• Yeah ya right Dazz, after blowing it up and having a closer look, you can see that fuel or something would go in there....I wonder with charcoal that it could also act as a nice little smoker box too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!