Brisket advice needed.

• So interested to see how it came out, but that may have to wait till morning!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Wow! For a 2nd Brisket that is unbelievable! My 2nd Brisket was at a Competition and it took 16th! There were 14 teams.

Did the fat come off easy?

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• I cooked fat side down at 200f for 7-8 hours. When I wrapped it in butchers paper I put some Butter in with it. Then put it fat side down again and upped temp to 225f and checked it at 6.30am when I woke up (yes did get back to sleep after the 3am wake up). Wasn’t quite ready so let it go for another 1.5 hours and checked again. Wasn’t sure so unwrapped to really check and it wobbled which shocked me. I was checking originally through the paper from the bottom not the top so when I probed from the top wow like butter and wobbly so simply wrapped it back up and put it in the esky (cooler) for about 4 hours.

There wasn’t a lot of fat left on it at all once cooked as you can see from the pics.

I didn’t trim much off of it originally either. I took a little hard fat off of it but not all of it.

I reckon I just got lucky apart from the fact that I had a plan and stuck to it. The old 6P saying prior preparation prevents pi## poor performance probably helped. :shrug:

We head out to the Simpson Desert in two weeks camping for three weeks. I now have plenty of cold meat (frozen and vacuum sealed) to take with us and I still need to do something with the trimmings as well.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• Had to Google Earth the Simpson Desert. It looks like it might truly describe the Middle of Nowhere! Looks like a lot of Iron Ore Sand dunes! Living in large cities most of my life, I can only wonder what the night sky must look like in an area like that!

• We head out to the Simpson Desert in two weeks camping for three weeks.

We've just had two groups do the crossing and they were diverted when they got to Birdsville due to the road south being closed. To get back to Marree they went north to Boulia and then Alice Springs. A detour of just under 2,000klms.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!