Veins on Rump Cap (Picanha)

• Have you got a pic? I don't know what you mean.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Unfortunately they have all been consumed without a chance for photos. I'll definitely take some next time to show.

But on the whole rump cap there are supposed to be 3 veins running in them.

"The Picanha is noted to have been cut properly if you are able to take a look at the meat and are able to identify where two of the major veins have passed through the muscle. This is identified by a small indent in the meat itself and red plasma presents when squeezed"

(https://espetogrill.com/what-is-picanha/)

I definitely noticed these when slicing through the steaks, but wasn't sure if they were meant to be trimmed out.

• I’ve always just Eaten it - never really noticed

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Not something I would consider a thing!

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!