What are you cooking - July

• Duck breast, no bbq tonight. A while back one of you jokers linked a Gordon Ramsay video that suggested starting it skin down in a cold pan so I gave it a try.

Certainly worked well to render out the fat without burning the skin so I reckon it's good advice.

• Duck breast, no bbq tonight. A while back one of you jokers linked a Gordon Ramsay video that suggested starting it skin down in a cold pan so I gave it a try.

Certainly worked well to render out the fat without burning the skin so I reckon it's good advice.

I find the cold pan start is also the best way to get your crispy skin on salmon.

Used to own: Beefeater 5 Burner BBQ, Weber Baby Q. Currently own: CharGriller Double Play with side fire box as offset, Asmoke AS350

• A humble but very tasty chicken shaslik on the gasser for lunch.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Grilled lamb chops on the baby kamado, doing a reverse sear with some foil under the cake rack until direct searing near the end.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Ribs tonight.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Got the MB560 dialled in for crispy skin duck. 500f for 1.5hrs flipping it after an hour.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• NZ Salmon again, this time in the Cobb using Kingsford Hickory briquettes and a noodle salad.

• And tonight it was roast chicken in the Asmoke 350.

• Consistency and color of Hollandaise...It Looks Wonderful! And I just noticed the double boiler? Wish I had that! You have to love a sauce that goes well with steak and potatoes!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• I finally got around to doing some pizzas on the Primo tonight.

They turned out really well and I got thumbs up from all family members.

In the immortal words of Borat, 'Great success'.

Primo large oval, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber kettle, Weber Q3200, Weber Go Anywhere.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!