BRISKET ...Cheats Pastrami in ZGrill MINI------More Photos

• As most of you would know I do normally make my on Pastrami from scratch using eye rounds.

Recently came across some Farmers Choice corned brisket at my local Ritchies Supa IGA. and thought it was a good chance to do a Cheats Pastrami using a piece of brisket.

This piece was almost cut from the middle section of a brisket so was pretty even in thickness.

I soaked this for 24hrs in some water, Juice & herbs.

Rubbed with some mustard and my own Pastrami Rub and back into the fridge for 24 +-.

On a freezing 1c Wednesday morning @5.00amish it was time to get this cook going so it's ready for lunch.

Into the Zgrills MINI @ 107c it went. Took around the 7 hour mark total and the Mini was flawless in its operation even on such a cold Melbourne morning.

Gave it a rest in the esky for approx 1hr.

Was good eating, could have been a little more tender perhaps.

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E and the New MINI.....Aldi & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

Edited 2 times, last by gourmetgalaxy ().

• I've moved this post to here so add as many photos as you wish.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• gourmetgalaxy

Changed the title of the thread from “Cheats Pastrami” to “BRISKET ...Cheats Pastrami”.
  • Hi gg, what was the end internal temp, i would have thought being brisket and at that low a oven temp, I would have thought maybe you'd need to take it up to usual temp of about 95C or 98 to make it tender. But jeez it looks ok to me, I'd get my laughing gear around those slices for sure :yum)

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• gourmetgalaxy

Changed the title of the thread from “BRISKET ...Cheats Pastrami” to “BRISKET ...Cheats Pastrami in ZGrill MINI------More Photos”.
  • I've moved this post to here so add as many photos as you wish.

Thanks, wasn't necessary......but since you have I'll update the post now. :thumbup:

Strange that video...was working when I left :shrug:thought it was to good to be true 8o.

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E and the New MINI.....Aldi & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

• I've been trying to track down the producer of the Corned Brisket I used....no luck yet.

Can anyone...perhaps Ray C ?.......tell me the meatworks producing this?

Photo included....est # 558.

TIA.

*****EDIT...Finally found it.....Oakey!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!