Quail on the Asmoke

• No marinade or brining for this feed of quail, I just wanted to taste the bird, not too much else but we did have some sauce on them when they hit the plate and I oiled and salted them for an hour before grilling on the Asmoke pellet grill using Lumberjack hickory pellets.

Not bad but eating them is messy when usuing your hands, which is better than trying to work around the small bones with a knife and fork.

I don't think I'll be searching for quail again, even though they came out well from the grill, which did a really good job of combining a good sear with an oven style lid down cook.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I love quail !! They look delicious Gumb .

My dads ol Italian mates would take me out with their dogs and shoot them when I was a younger fella !!

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• They were nice, I guess I'm just not crazy enough about them to bother again. Maybe at an outdoor BBQ where you can more readily munch them hand held would be better as they do come apart easily.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I wish the WA Costco would get the quail packs that seems to pop up on the east coast.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Rost duck is something I'll try soon. I love Peking duck. :yum)

• Costco has twin packs of whole duck that're pretty good. I really want to buy the hanger accessory from Urbangriller and try doing a whole duck that way, but the shipping is a killer at the moment. I'm hoping to get to Perth later this year and pick it up then.

I saw the quail packs at Costco on the weekend, but like Gumb I've never been crazy about them and this thread didn't exactly do much to change my mind.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!