Stuffed smoked whole pumpkin question.

• So my wife showed me some pics of stuffed pumpkins in the Coles magazine.

And suddenly my mind went to something I now want to try. I'm thinking north African or Middle East type flavours. I want the rice inside the pumpkin on the bottom layer, with meat and spices above, so any meat juices would be part of the moisture that cooks the rice.

Has anyone done something like this, or come across something like this? Am I best looking at adapting a tagine recipe?

Interested in others thoughts?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• My folks do something a bit like that but without the smoke or meat. Just oven. I forget the exact flavours, but there's rice inside and raisins or sultanas, I think turmeric as well. It tends to just be a way to serve rice in an interesting way.

I think morrocan spice combinations would go well, but I'm not sure what meat. Lamb possibly?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think morrocan spice combinations would go well, but I'm not sure what meat. Lamb possibly?

Yeah was thinking lamb shoulder

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I feel it would be a bit like hongkong claypot, but without the crunchy bits on the bottom, which makes me think it's not going to be quite as good. Pumpkin rice is nice, and claypot is nice, but...

• I have seen it done in a video but can't remember who. It was a very large pumpkin that included beef and rice cooked low and slow. Served sliced open like a flower and the ingrediency spilled out.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!