What are you cooking - August

• New month, new thread - and hopefully things are starting to warm up into more bbq friendly temps (ambient, not pit).

3 pics per post, one post per cook.

If you do manage a 'cool' cook, please give it the coverage it deserves and give it it's own thread in the appropriate section.

Sorry Gumb , I've been busy and finally had something I wanted to put up and realised it was a new month, so I jumped in. (please edit where needed)

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I've had very little time of late to do any cooks I want to do, but tonight I had 1.5 hours up my sleeves, so came up with sous vide chicken thighs, carrot puree, served on a fennel, apple and walnut salad.

Chicken seared on my 35cm Bigga Skillet from Solidtaknics.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• So I used the rest of the sous vide chicken. This time served with veggies, and I made a mustard sauce from the pan drippings and the jelly from the bag.

• Sorry Gumb , I've been busy and finally had something I wanted to put up and realised it was a new month, so I jumped in. (please edit where needed)

Thanks Waz, I totally forgot :censored:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Chicken wings on the Traeger for lunch today ,

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Had a crack at "shotgun shells"

Pork mince, jalapenos and cheese stuffing, cooked for an hour on the Akorn Kamado. Would prep earlier next time to soften the pasta more and wrap fully to the ends (ends dried out a little). The differnt looking 6 were Vegetarian mince and "Facon".

Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Kooker : Weber baby Q :

• Catch those drippings. Going to be an interesting smoked St Louis rub gravy.

• Todays quick cook.

Reverse seared over a combination of redgum, paperbark, grevillea and whatever else got raked up in the yard.

Rested for about 3 seconds until cool enough to burn the lip.

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Almost. :)

But he needed to rotisserie it so it didn’t get burnt on the one side like that. ;)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Out of the 6 marshmallows I gave my 4yo, one went to the dog, one ended up in the fire, one was burnt to a crisp and the other 3 got eaten.

I was lucky to get a photo!

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Out of the 6 marshmallows I gave my 4yo, one went to the dog, one ended up in the fire, one was burnt to a crisp and the other 3 got eaten.

I was lucky to get a photo!

Whoa i looked at the photo a dozen times and thought it was a perfect edge to edge pink piece of meat, although i wasn't sure what cut it was. Only now you said it was a marshmallow that i see it. :shrug: ;( :( :help:

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• We'll put captions on it for you next time. :P

• Lamb shanks smoked over some banksia comes for 2 hour and then braised in a stock mix onion , carrot, garlic , tinned tomato, red wine.

Served with mash and a glass of red.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• I used to love McNuggets in the early 80's. Back in the good old days where half the inside might be white and the other half a brownish color. Back when Parts is Parts was OK! Before kids and soccer moms destroyed the McNugget. Well I decide I would see if I could makes some that took me back to that simpler time! So I took about 2lbs. of boned and skinned thighs, pulsed them with 2 skins in the food processor with 2 eggs and some seasoning. Got it real pasty, then took about a tablespoon of meat, formed and coated with corn starch, then put in a water, flour, mustard and spice batter and froze. You end up with this before frying.

Sx5mJ76h.jpg

And this after frying!

4uCXdmvh.jpg

BOZM6S7h.jpg

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• They look McYummy ! :yum)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!