• On special this week at Aldi if anybody interested.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• If you are considering a sous vide wand, the Aldi one would be hard to pass up.

I have an Anova and also a cheaply from eBay and there’s basically no difference between them.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I grabbed some vac seal rolls from Aldi the other day, some of the cheapest around.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I agree. And I'd add to buy ready made bags instead of annoying rolls. Much better value for me.

Are they better value? Serious question.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Are they better value? Serious question

I did the maths a few years ago and I found them to be quite a bit cheaper than the rolls. I use the largest ones (something like 40cmX25cm) and from memory they cost me 20c each or so. They are also way easier to deal with, ready to use when needed. I used to detest making them from rolls. Not sure if anything has changed, but I still have a couple of hundred left so won't be needing any for ages.

Correction: found my order from last year (ebay, bpa free and all that):

200xbags

28cmX40cm

$52 (basically 25c each)

5 of those bags make 2m on a roll.

15 bags is your average 28cm wide 6m long roll.

150 bags is 10 rolls.

13 rolls plus change for $50

A quick google seems to indicate a price of around $40-45 for 10 rolls.

Price seems very similar. Rolls have the advantage of being of a flexible length, but otherwise all the advantages are for the bags.

If you wanted to economise you could cut the 40cm bags in half for two half length bags. I've never needed to myself, for 25c I don't care really.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• I guess it also depends on your vac sealer. The rolls fit inside my vac sealer and it has a guillotine built in for cutting. So I pull the roll out a bit, seal it, pull it out to the length I want, cut it, then the rest is the same as a bag.

• I only use rolls for the same reason as Bentley Meredith and I do cut most of mine 230 x 280.

I now also only use 100 micron bags as I find these hold up really good.

Also I get mine from Pac-Foods only now.

Last delivery just a few weeks ago paid as follows.

150mm X 10 mts = $28.60......2 rolls = $14.30 roll

220mm x 10 mts = $123.20....10 rolls = $12.30 roll.

280mm x 10 mts = $37.40....2 rolls = $18.70 roll.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

Edited once, last by gourmetgalaxy (August 12, 2022 at 11:26 AM).

• Hi buy mine from Temple & Webster,

6M rolls 28mmW buy in 10 or 20 roll lots and they work out under $7

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• I have a roll on standby should I ever need a longer bag. Haven't had to use it in years. Most of my packs are the size I quoted above.

I also have some smaller bags for those occasions.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• A couple of years ago I bought a huge job lot of bags on Ebay, can't remeber how many but it was a LOT. They were very cheap so I did the deal but half of them don't hold the seal so what looked like a great deal turned out to be only OK. I'm still using them and we do go through a lot of bags so next time I'll probably just buy from Pac Foods too. I have some of their bags and they never fail.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• A couple of years ago I bought a huge job lot of bags on Ebay, can't remeber how many but it was a LOT. They were very cheap so I did the deal but half of them don't hold the seal so what looked like a great deal turned out to be only OK. I'm still using them and we do go through a lot of bags so next time I'll probably just buy from Pac Foods too. I have some of their bags and they never fail.

Sounds like Aldi use their own bags for their precooked-and-frozen lamb shanks. We like them for camping - just boil them in the bag for 45 mins and eat. Doesn't even dirty the saucepan - except when the bags break, which seems to happen every other time..

Edit: I just realised you said ebay rather than aldi.

• Hi buy mine from Temple & Webster,

6M rolls 28mmW buy in 10 or 20 roll lots and they work out under $7

Yep I buy from these guys too. 190 micron rolls, a poofteenth over $1/m is pretty hard to beat.

28cm Vacuum Food Sealer Bag Rolls (Set of 10)
    28cm Vacuum Food Sealer Bag Rolls (Set of 10) by Oakleigh Home. Get it now or find more Food Containers & Storage at Temple & Webster.
    www.templeandwebster.com.au

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!