Woodchip BBQ Smoker

• Do you all have go sources for chips over there? I have been looking at sourcing it here in Mayberry and it is mostly done by cu.in. (dm³?), so volume not weight? Amazon sells 2lbs. (.907kg) for $9. I thought 40lbs of pellets for $23 was bad at Costco. Cant afford $75 to fill up my DB hopper with chips. Although I would sure like to see if there is any smoke profile difference between the 2?

UG have you cooked on one yet? Any access to one? I would trust your opinion if there is any difference!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• I see in one of his other posts he says that you can use Pellets or woodchips in it.

Hmm. I'm thinking that could be the case for any pellet pooper. Including mine. ?(

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Be interesting to see the auger in it and see what the difference is.

Yep, ditto that.

I'm thinking that could be the case for any pellet pooper.

I'd be careful with that....see what Ript have come up with first would be my advice.

I'm sure there is a mention somewhere with pellet smokers to only use "Wood Pellets" to avoid warranty issues.

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E and the New MINI.....Aldi & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

• You can get jarrah 2"x1" roof batons from demolition for free over here, thinking an afternoon spent with the drop saw could produce a lot of wood chips.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Those are cheaper then most pellets?

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!