Jacks Creek Beef Ribs

• Picked up some of these today. In the past they have been outstanding. These look great and the price was fantastic.

I split them up into two packs as I generally don’t need to simply cook that much. If I do I will defrost both plates.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• I've had their scotch fillets before and they are amazing. I'm very jealous.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• How do you store them once you split the pack open? Do you have a vacuum sealer? I was close to asking if it was possible for them to open them and re-pack them as single plates, even for a little extra cost.

I got 2 packs of these last week and cooked a pack (2 plates) yesterday.

Trimmed them up and put a texas style rub on one and just simple salt and pepper on the other. Cooked them at 120 C for 6 hours then wrapped and cooked for a further 2.5hrs. Only got to 89 C internal over the whole cook but they turned out pretty tasty. Only a smidge tighter in the bite then i would have liked but overall pretty good. They are a 4 bone plate which shorties are usually 3 bone so they are pretty good value.

I was wondering if these were actual "chuck short ribs", not the traditional short rib you would see in most butchers windows. Just the shape of the meat to me looked a bit misgiving. But this is probably more because it has 4 bones.

Used to own: Beefeater 5 Burner BBQ, Weber Baby Q. Currently own: CharGriller Double Play with side fire box as offset, Asmoke AS350

• Yep I have a vacuum sealer at home.

Couldn’t help myself went and picked up some more.

They Still had about 10 packs left.

Now yo sneak it in so the missus doesn’t see :/

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• There must have been a big export shipment cancelled as all the big low & slow butchers have been having sales on Jacks Creek meat.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

• There must have been a big export shipment cancelled as all the big low & slow butchers have been having sales on Jacks Creek meat.

My local butcher up Brisbane Northside also has jacks creek on special. Didnt grab anything though

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!