Lamb shank Massaman curry Akorn Kamado

• I had been wanting to do lamb on the BBQ for a while but no one in the house is a fan af lamb. Had the oppotunity to do some this weekend so combined it with my urge to do a massaman curry as well.

Headed to the local butcher for some lamb shanks, light coating of Olive oil and seasoned with Butchers axe "hunter rub".

4 hrs @ 250 on the top rack with a drip tray on the grill and smoking stone in place. Lump of Hickory on the charcoal.

Prepared the sauce on the stove top with the onions, cocnut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce, star of anis and cinamon quill with a bit of chilli. Popped the shanks in the sauce and cooked uncovered for another 5 hours or so. Added potatoes with around 2 hours left on the cook.

Turned out amazing! Will be doing it again with beef for the lamb haters!

- Small cook is the vegetarian option with Chickpeas.

Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Kooker : Weber baby Q :

• Looks fantastic, how can anyone hate lamb? Most eaten protein at my house.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Tell them it's beef and see if they notice. Great sounding cook.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Very nice cook up mate. Good sized shanks to. :yum)

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!