Top 4 BBQ Forums in Australia

• Good luck getting a reply on AusBBQ these days. I guess you could search for info, but forget asking a question.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• AUS BBQ is in archive. Davo spends his time here nowadays. You can see his last post “ This forum is dead” in the graphic where he points people to SF&F and Aussiecue.

• At least it is there for reference. I wish I could say the same thing about Pelletheads.com. 10 years down the drain cuz some wankers did not want it on the web any more!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Sorry! Wonderful to see SF&F get the Ink!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Most forums of any genre are dying. Everyone’s on FB. I prefer the forum layout, I suppose I’m just an old $&*#

Just got booted off the mini jumbuck spit Facebook page, because my mini spit was not a Jumbuck.

That and I couldn’t help taking the piss out of the elitist wankers once they started abusing me for posting a non jumbuck on their hallowed page!

A $60 spit is a $60 spit I thought? Apparently not! ^^

• The jumbuck elitists... Must be something like the Ford Pinto elitists.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• I object to putting advertising money in to the pocket of a guy who doesn’t even log on to his own forum. Sorry Davo but ABBQF is covered with Google advertising and for that reason I will not support it in any way.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Is there anyway to pull the history/archives of that forum and at least store them on this forum. At least then the info can be maintained.

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber MasterTouch | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping) | Charbroil Grill2Go | Charbroil Offset Smoker

• Is there anyway to pull the history/archives of that forum and at least store them on this forum. At least then the info can be maintained.

The software formats are totally different, so that can't happen.

When we built this forum, we offered to buy the old one out but PaulR (the owner of the other one) couldn't be bothered talking to us.

• IMHO, I don't think there is really much on the old forum that hasn't been covered here. Yes a lot more history probably with kettles and older smokers, but all that has been covered in lots of places.

Unfortunately it's been that quiet for so long very few of the modern day bbq's would be on there, and I'm guessing here, but I imagine the new stuff gets more searches than outdated models. Chuck in sous vide and it crossing over into bbq, again this is a guess, but I imagine this place would come up more often than the old forum due to what content is searched for.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• What I don't like is when new members join the old forum and ask a question which only ever gets answered after a long delay and usually by titch and that's all. If the same question was asked here there would be multiple answers the same day if they were directed to here. I hate seeing people struggling when the answer is quite simple and it's not fair to them by leaving them hang on the old forum

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• What I don't like is when new members join the old forum and ask a question which only ever gets answered after a long delay and usually by titch and that's all. If the same question was asked here there would be multiple answers the same day if they were directed to here. I hate seeing people struggling when the answer is quite simple and it's not fair to them by leaving them hang on the old forum

Yes fair comment Gumb and over the past couple of years that is the case, I've had a lot of personal issues to get around involving family etc, and now most of those are completed, I'm at a bit of a loose end.

To be totally honest with you Ian, personally I'd prefer it to disappear, primarily so I can't be tempted, however on saying that, with the crash of Aussiecue, I thought maybe there could still be space for another forum even though it's a worn out forum, I think what Wazza said could have hit the mark too, that the old forum does talk about older cookers that were only available back then and most of the techniques are covered by SF&F so yeah, I'm now coming to the conclusion that the old forum may not be worth salvaging anymore, too much time has passed, this entire day, not one post and only a Russkie trying to join up...just what I need :D.

If that forum was a horse, it would have been shot over 5 years ago, maybe sooner.

I do miss the old days, I really do, it'll never be the same. Why can't I let it go? Nobody seems to give a shit except me. ;(

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• Post by Narm Naleg ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: As requested and to clean up the conversation so it flows. ().
  • Post by Davo ().

This post was deleted by Narm Naleg: As requested and to clean up the conversation so it flows. ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!