What are you cooking-September!

• Porterhouse was $23/kg at the local superbarn. Time got away from us yesterday though and there wasn't time for charcoal.

I got them up to almost 50C in the oven, set to 55C for most of it. Increased to 120C for the final 10 mins, once I knew when the rest of dinner was coming together.

Finished on the ziggy portable. Better than I expected, given the rush.

• Not much chance to BBQ last Month (August) due to being overseas for 6 weeks and rain when we came back to Sydney.

We did however managed to get some Yakiniku done while on a weekend down in Tateyama-Chiba Japan

In fact I was surprised when we arrived at the hotel's BBQ area which was prebooked by Brother in law, that each family area had 2 x18 inch Weber Compact kettles foiled at the charcoal grate for easy cleaning I assume with the charcoal in both units lit in the middle. I was a bit concerned about this arrangement because I felt that the charcoal would be too close to the food grate but it turned out ok maybe because there was no oxygen being drawn from the bottom so charcoal wasn't as potentially as hot as it could've been and made the chacoal last a bit longer. No lids were used in Yakiniku of course, it was just basic grilling. Meat included Wagyu beef, Pork, Chicken and some seafood plus we bought some extra meat from Supermarket nearby just incase. Got some NZ lamb too. We also had some nice veggies to grill just to balance out the meal.

• Pork belly done at 200C with cherry. Cherry is so good with anything. Weird how the crackle had that single bubble.

Rubbed the bottom with something Dwayne at still smokin bbq recommended (delicious thanks mate) and ate it with a Sichuan sauce thing that's a bit like a chimmichurri, but different flavours. Oil, vinegar, soy, coriander, chilli, garlic, peanuts, pepper and maybe that's about it? My wife made it at the last minute and it really cut through the fattiness.

• The family (Seagulls) came over today for father's day lunch. Started the beef shin in the Master built at 10.30 last night at 110c. The rumps went on for reverse sear at about 9.30 at 107c this morning in the Traeger. Once the shin was finished the rumps went into the Master built for searing.

All came out pretty good. I still haven't worked out how the father has to do the cooking. Happy fathers to all that it applies too.

• The family (Seagulls) came over today for father's day lunch. Started the beef shin in the Master built at 10.30 last night at 110c. The rumps went on for reverse sear at about 9.30 at 107c this morning in the Traeger. Once the shin was finished the rumps went into the Master built for searing.

All came out pretty good. I still haven't worked out how the father has to do the cooking. Happy fathers to all that it applies too.

Maybe you had to do the cookin' but I hope they kept the beers up to ya Speckie....it's often worth it to keep their hands off your cookers

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• Ribs on the new addition to the family, the char ring and diffuser worked a treat so easy to maintain a constant temp.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Even though it's early September, I thought I'd light up my little Jumbo Joe today as I didn't particularly want to get the big ones dirty again as I'll be moving house in 3 Months and I haven't used this little Beauty in a long time so it's about time it earn't it's keep :D

So, keeping with the Yakiniku style I've enjoyed in Japan, I thought i'd do it that way, basically it's just simple grilling, coals in the middle and some space on the side when they get too done.

• Well, it is September, so I think a new thread is needed......see what happens when Gumb goes away.

Trust this is ok with the brains trust.

Usual rules as C & P from one of Gumb's posts.

Remember.......3 pics MAX per post else they get the red button. And one post per cook.

Simples.

+++++Not sure how to pin this though!

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Wel, l I may as well get it going.

Health, Hospitals & Oxygen leads have been hindering my cooking opportunities lately....way to much.

But on a fantastic Tuesday in Melbourne this chook had to be cooked :mad as: :cursing: .

Gave it a quick 4 hr brine before semi drying with hair dryer, poking some holes into the skin then naked back in the fridge for an hourish.

Rubbed with SPOG then......

Fired up the Z Grill Mini on Smoke for around 45 min for a little smoke then upped to 190c to finish it off......great crispy skin chicken is the result! :yum)

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Thanks Russ. I'm in and out of decent internet and phone coverage. Telstra need a good kicking for the crap service outside the main cities in this supposedly first world country.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!