Pellet burning Rocket for Akorn Kamado

• I found this interesting Video

This bloke has used a Rocket Stove to run his Akorn on Pellets.

Simple design, seems to work well!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it is very interesting, but I kind of have to ask why? (Genuine question, am I missing something)

Apart from much quicker temp changes, it seems like a fair bit of faffing around to do something a komado can already do very well, and I wonder if it can do low and slow?

Interested to hear others thoughts.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Cheaper than Charcoal

I've not done the calcs, so happy to be corrected, but I don't find pellets cheap. I also mix charcoal with beads and robo turds. In fact the bao bun cook I just posted up in whatcha cooking thread had no charcoal, just turds and beads, and that almost ran away from me (good luck, not good management).

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• The pellets would have more moisture and less ash. Outside of that, I really got nothing for you. I was also thinking a price issue, but I have no info for that analysis.

Some folks just love to fabricate.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• I love that it's free of electronics. It could do with a more practical/repeatable way to adjust the temp. I also wonder if it'd work with as well with wood chips?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!