Quick To-The-Grill Recipes?

• You know those days, when you don't plan on grilling that evening, but life happens and you need some time just sitting outside.

What do y'all throw on the grill in this case? No time for marinade or much prep at all.

• Chicken thighs at our place.

Cover them in a rub while the coals heat up. Cook on the grill and cut them into small pieces to be served in wraps with coleslaw like a mini kebab. 5 mins of prep and ready to eat almost the moment they come off the grill.

• You know those days, when you don't plan on grilling that evening, but life happens and you need some time just sitting outside.

What do y'all throw on the grill in this case? No time for marinade or much prep at all.

Chuck it in the air fryer so the wifey can tend to it. Sit outside with a beer or 2

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• Chicken, wings, drums or thighs. A bit of dry rub, get the bbq warm, then throw them on. Lamb chops are easy also. Um, store-bought-and-marinated butterflied lamb or chicken, because they're usually done in 30 mins. Sausages, if we have any nice ones.

• I second the chicken thighs. Smoke them for a bit and you can cook them for hours and they still come out tender.

Used to own: Beefeater 5 Burner BBQ, Weber Baby Q. Currently own: CharGriller Double Play with side fire box as offset, Asmoke AS350

• I just do thighs at roasting temps until just under 74C. Needs to be warm to get the skin vaguely crispy. Semi-indirect (ie no deflector but I build the fire at one side so the thighs aren't directly over the top.)

Edit: they'd probably do well hanging :/

• Chicken thighs here as well with a bit of Nandos medium marinade.Grabbed a big bottle at Costco.

That or some sausages.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• I presume you have enough time to get charcoal or beads going?

If so, chicken pieces coated with garlic salt. Coals only under half the grill. half the chicken off heat, the other on, you don't want it that hot, just hot enough so a drip of fat hits the coals every couple of seconds. Each drip of fat vaporises and becomes a chicken flavoured smoke. Rotate the chicken till its all done and smoked in its own juices.

Otherwise like I have to do a couple of nights a week, fire up the gasser, marinated colesworth chicken kebabs, salt and pepper chops or steak, marinated chicken pieces, or pork scotch sliced into thin steaks, onto the gasser.

I couldn't do it without the gasser, and I'm not talking about one of my boys or my dog.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• niko123456 thighs a working muscle needs a bit more final temp than breast. Definitely more forgiving than breast (which I think is overrated anyway).

For an actual good way to cook breast, make a foil pouch, put in the chicken, white wine, fresh herbs, dried mushrooms. Seal the pouch and put in the oven for 25 mins.

• 220C. Sorry, it would have made sense to mention that at the beginning.
    Thyme, garlic, butter, wine, mushrooms and chicken was the original recipe. A mixture of dried porcini and whatever fresh you can get.

But honestly, I just chuck whatever I have that seems like an interesting combination. I've done red wine versions, fresh fennel, oregano. I've fried off onions and chucked those in. The flavours matter less than the technique: with the closed pouch it doesn't dry out and there's usually a tasty sauce in the bag as well. Just thinking about it now, I reckon some mustard might do well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!