Damn this rain. (In Vic)

• Firstly, sympathies to anyone seriously affected by all this rain/floods.

Just a grizzle post really. We're moving homes in a bit over 2 weeks, and I can't see me being able to tidy up the garden and now the lawns.

Example of our yard below.

And no idea how I'm going to get the gmg across it.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

• Hi Yaka, I hear you.

My yard has been similarly affected and the lawn was being destroyed by just walking on the same spots to get to the pond. I threw down some chicken wire fencing panels that I used to use for the chooks. Something like these:

1200 x 2000 Galvanised Wire Mesh Sheets 25 x 25 x 2.5 Sydney Delivered | eBay
    G112AHS 1200 x 2000 x 25 x 25 x 2.5. G112AHS24 1200 x 2400 25 x 25 x 2.5. G223HS24 1200 x 2400 x 50 x 50 x 3. G224HS24 1200 x 2400 x 50 x 50 x 4. G234HS24 1200…
    www.ebay.com.au

Seems to have worked well.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Hopefully where you're moving too has a good place to bbq.

Don't forget the normal cycle of floods, droughts, floods. In a few years time the news will be flooded with headlines about the dams running out of water. Brown out due to hyrdo electricity not working etc etc.

• Thanks for that idea Narm. But I'd need about 15 metres worth from end of drive to shed.

12x7, yes, has a 3 car carport that runs along side of house, so won't be getting wet. Has a nice small decking out the back, but they stupidly never put a cover over it. Makes it quite useless really.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

• . But I'd need about 15 metres worth from end of drive to shed

Just use what you have lying around to achieve the same end and as smokey replied use two sections for the bbq move.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Know the pain, Sydney has been silly this year! 2.2m of rain recorded so far (highest in recorded history) and still 2 months left of the year. Least my area hasn't been hit by any floods though.

Backyard looks like a jungle as it's a tad hard to mow under water, front lawn has 10cm deep ruts from where the postie runs his bike and I've had to pump water out from underneath the house several times as the front lawn got so waterlogged water started wicking in.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!