What are you cooking November

• Weekend away in the snowy mountains fishing.

Oven roasted rainbow trout with veggies drizzle with olive oil and some maple syrup.

The rest will be hot smoked this week.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• How they hell do you cook like that in a fridge? More power to you... You are the master!

Lol

Since you asked...

Day 2

Duck 2

(They come in pairs and this is part of a master plan to have enough left overs to do something different tomorrow)

This one cooked the same but eaten on tacos. Definitely not Mexican but even so...

• Leftover duck, in a Thai red curry. The smokiness really elevates it and stretches the two ducks out to 3 full meals.

A new resolution of mine, in part because of meat prices, is to try and make more out of leftovers.

• Leftover duck, in a Thai red curry. The smokiness really elevates it and stretches the two ducks out to 3 full meals.

A new resolution of mine, in part because of meat prices, is to try and make more out of leftovers.

Damn that curry looks so good. Is it packet curry or proper recipe ?

If proper recipe consider doing a post for this recipe and process you used with photos. :clap:

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• Spare Ribs, Potato Salad and BBQ Beans for dinner. About 2 more hours to go!

6HxvJg0h.jpg

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

Edited once, last by Bentley Meredith ().

• Damn that curry looks so good. Is it packet curry or proper recipe ?

If proper recipe consider doing a post for this recipe and process you used with photos. :clap:

Not cooked from scratch. Ayam paste, whole thing took less time than the rice.

I did add a chilli and spring onions for freshness, and my wife chucked a bunch of coriander from the garden in when I wasn't looking, right at the end.

• Not bbq but the hotpot was using charcoal. It only just occurred to me that I should have been grilling some meats over the chimney at the same time...

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Tri Tip cooked two ways, one like a brisket and the other taken to medium rare.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Tri Tip cooked two ways, one like a brisket and the other taken to medium rare.

Which was better?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Shabu-shabu, always wanted to try that!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Wazza I preferred the brisket style, rest of the family medium rare but both really good.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Forequarter lamb roast. Weird cut to carve and there are some huge chunks of fat up the centre, but it was very juicy.

Did it at roasting temps with cherry smoke and "Game Face" rub.

Edit: any of the butchers here know if the cut can be butterflied? It just occurred to me that this might be a good way to cut out that huge chunk of fat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!