Napoleon kettles

• Hi all,

I’m looking at getting a kettle and was wondering if anyone has used or seen a Napolean pro? They’re Canada’s answer to Weber and from what I can ascertain from the interwebs, they’re generally well regarded and have the same level of build quality and warranty as Weber.

The 22” pro has a few features which set it apart from the equivalent Weber:

Heavy, hinged, porcelain coated, cast iron grates. I really like the look of these.

Hinged lid. Probably an upgrade from Weber’s lid cradle, but not enough to sway me on its own.

Stainless collar between body and lid. This allows the grate to be positioned at three different heights. I think the lowest level is equivalent to the standard height in other kettles, so the other levels give you greater distance between food and fire. Is this a cool idea or just an answer to a question which nobody asked? Regular kettle users, have you ever wished you you elevate you food further from the coals, say for a slow cook?

There are a couple of other differences such as the top vent position at the peak of the dome, but it’s the hefty grates which keep me looking at this model.

Weber is obviously the baseline and I’m also considering the SnS kettle, although I don’t think these have a distributor in Perth.

Cheers!

• I think Urbangriller has the S & S Charcoal grates or similar but I don't know if he handles the Kettle grill. They are available here but were slow to be shipped due to the Pandemic.

Spitroast Professionals handle the Slow n sear products here in Australia and by the looks of them they may be the importers.

SNS Grills - Slow 'N Sear Kettle BBQ Combo (bbqspitrotisseries.com.au)

They have an awesome package available where you get a kettle, the S&S charcoal basket and griddle plate and kettle cover for $699

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• Narm Naleg

Changed the title of the thread from “Napolean kettles” to “Napoleon kettles”.
  • Thanks Davo, I think Urbangriller stocks some SnS gear, but not the kettle.

From my research:

Weber master touch (the baseline) is $579. That’s RRP, so there may be room for a reduction if I buy in person.

SnS kettle is $499. With a similar level of functionality as the master touch, but with stainless grates, porcelain coated charcoal grate and a side shelf, this would be my front runner if there was a local distributor. Even with $98 delivery I’m considering it.

I’ve found an online special for the Napoleon. $459 delivered for the freestanding model or $589 delivered for the cart model.

I know it’s rare that anyone regrets buying Weber, but there are a few features on the others which catch my eye.

• I’ve got 3 Webers and a Napoleon pro with cart. I use the Napoleon doing weekly doing reverse sears and 2 zone cooking all the time it’s probably my most used Bbq.

The lowest level is actually lower than the Weber can go and is great for searing steaks and I often use the various level’s during a cook.

I’d highly recommend one and rate the quality as good as a Weber.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Over the years, there's always been Weber knock-offs and you know what they say "Copying is the best form of flattery" or something like that :D

But these recent 2 Kettle versions I must say have been the best I've seen.

I've always been a bit of a Weber Fan boy but I'd have no hesitation on buying the Napoleon or the Slow n Sear Kettle.

So, RobB, whatever those 2 you decide to buy, we want to hear your opinions on these alternate Kettles.

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• I’ve got 3 Webers and a Napoleon pro with cart. I use the Napoleon doing weekly doing reverse sears and 2 zone cooking all the time it’s probably my most used Bbq.

The lowest level is actually lower than the Weber can go and is great for searing steaks and I often use the various level’s during a cook.

I’d highly recommend one and rate the quality as good as a Weber.

Precisely the kind of first hand experience I was hoping to tap into, thanks.

• i am a little late to the party but also researched the napoleon kettle and was very impressed with the quality compared to weber kettle.

I think you will be happy with the purchase.

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• Napoleon Kettle is good, the lid vent is the major drawback, it can be hart to turn and will rust over time. Ash bucket is a bit on the small side.

The other kettle to consider is the Oklahoma Joe Blackjack.

SNS Kettle, I have to ask myself why? It seems like re-inventing for the sake of it, they also do a Kamado, but for me it is still: Why?

• Napoleon Kettle is good, the lid vent is the major drawback, it can be hart to turn and will rust over time. Ash bucket is a bit on the small side.

The other kettle to consider is the Oklahoma Joe Blackjack.

SNS Kettle, I have to ask myself why? It seems like re-inventing for the sake of it, they also do a Kamado, but for me it is still: Why?

I guess it's all about getting a share of the market. Everyone in the BBQ industry knows that the Weber Kettle are the leaders and constantly selling lots of them all over the world, so I guess make them a little different, add some goodies and sell them in the same market. Youtubers like Baby-Back Maniac will do the marketing for them by doing reviews. You Tubers are a Company's best marketing stradegy if you chose the right influencer with a large following. These guys get 100 of thousands of views so it's not to be sneezed at. It's kind of like asking why Pro-Q decided to make a bullet smoker when the Market leader was the WSM, same reason, it's a good concept, as long as they do something different in design to clear themselves of Copyright and Patents, they get a foot into the market if they're any good. The cheap and nasty copiers don't do well at all except from those who have very tiny budgets.

• Delivered, assembled, burned in and ready to go.

It's getting its maiden run tomorrow with a porchetta.

....probably should've picked a different angle to hide the dead pot-plant in the background!

• Post by mkhan95 ().

This post was deleted by Urban Griller ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!