Weird ex tenants

• So we've just moved in to a new home. (Renting)

Guessing the ex tenants put this in the wall, at about 1 metre high.

Had no idea what it was. Poked fingers in, nothing behind it. Size of a power point.

After googling, you put one behind a wall mounted telly, and another at floor level, and run the telly power and cables through it.

Great idea. Except it is in the master bedroom, and there's only one of them.

A wall hole to nowhere, for no reason.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

• Standard brush plate used by electrical/ comms trades for running cables out of walls , is there another one anywhere in the house ?

They may have had cables run to a desk or tv unit from another room or the roof/ floor space

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• If there's another one here, we can't find it. Not looking in the roof space though.

Another one somewhere else would have made sense. But there's just the one.

Off topic, but this damn fancy pryolytic oven can throw itself off a cliff.

Can't find a manual for it online, and could not figure out how to turn the damned thing off. Had to wake missus up.

• And now our fridge just made a bang, that I've never heard before. It better still be bloody working. This has not been a good last few days.

• damn fancy pryolytic oven can throw itself off a cliff.

Can't find a manual for it online, and could not figure out how to turn the damned thing off.

Got a photo of the beast? Go me interested - a self cleaning oven. Maybe it's like a diesel and has a shutdown cycle to burnt the crap away before it turns off? Gee, I wonder how much electricity it chews up so you don't have to clean the oven. It might be cheaper to hire a housekeeper to clean the oven with the way gas and electricity prices are going up.

• Apparently the self cleaning part is it ramps up to 500c and just burns everything to dust.

I can take proper photos later at home, but looks like this

• Front looks the same, but different model number. But I shall go through that and see if it works with our oven.

Having had gas, I didn't know they keep blowing air to cool them down after using them.

• I bought a pyrolytic oven from bunnings. Fantastic invention though it's best to do the cleaning cycle before it gets TOO dirty. Burning off all that fat stinks the house out, so close some doors to section the kitchen off as much as possible, then open the windows and crank a fan or AC. Mine takes 90 minutes and I do it when I don't need to be in that room.

It's a great excuse to bbq!

Sure beats cleaning it the old fashioned way.

The brush plate was possibly an antenna cable from a splitter in the roof space. If it was their own splitter they may have removed it and the cable. Or something like that. It doesn't necessarily need a matching plate elsewhere to make sense.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!