Gidday from Esperance

• About me? I'm a retail butcher shop owner and self taught smallgoodswoman. My husband and I have owned our shop in Esperance WA for the last nearly 12 years and I ventured into the world of specialty cured & dried meats about 6 years ago. Without tooting my own horn - we have created some very fine traditional small goods and won multiple awards at both Perth Royal Show and Sydney Royal Show and just recently picked up State Champion for my Basturma (if anyone knows what that is)

I have a love for all things meat and have finally caught up with the rest of the world to start tinkering with smoking meat - and my next challenge is learning to make Cheese.

Cheers!

Once you put my meat in your mouth, you're going to want to swallow.

Edited once, last by PLButcher ().

• Welcome aboard, great to have another cured meats fan on the forum!

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Welcome aboard, great to have another cured meats fan on the forum!

Cheers mate!

I'm constantly trying new things and variations of recipes although most of what I make currently will stay as I make them - maybe play with flavourings a little but keeping pretty traditional. My current repertoire encompasses:

Prosciutto De Lago Rosa (my own name for the Pink Lake our shop is named for)

Culatello

Rumpetto

Fiocco Di Prosciutto

Coppa

Capicollo

Lonzino

Basturma

Bresaola

Pancetta

and Guanciale

But always looking for something new.

We also make Salami, our own Hams, Wet Cured Bacon and Dry Cured Nitrate Free Bacon (flavours including Coffee, Chilli, Jalapeño and Peanut Butter) and Traditional South African Boerewors, Biltong and Dröewors as well and a variety of Smoked Cabanossi.... so yeah that keeps us pretty busy on top of the Butchering side of things lol.

• That list is amazing. Guanciale, Culatello and bresaola being my favourites.

Looks like you have a few of your own creations in there too which is great to see. I'd love to try rumpetto. Is that beef or pork?

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Welcome to the site! I know BBQ, even have awards. I know cured meats, fresh sausage & bacon, even have admirers. But...just starting the journey of salami making, so I am really looking forward to your knowledge and expertise in helping me not kill myself or others!

My 1st attempt at

Sopprasota.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• G'Day Mrs Butcher. You'll fit right in here.. :)

Do you ship?

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Welcome to the site! I know BBQ, even have awards. I know cured meats, fresh sausage & bacon, even have admirers. But...just starting the journey of salami making, so I am really looking forward to your knowledge and expertise in helping me not kill myself or others!

My 1st attempt at

Sopprasota.

Soppressata is pretty easy - we've done it ourselves. Just make sure you pack tight & prick your skins (allowing trapped air to escape) keep thorough records of recipe, weight, weight loss, temp, humidity etc. 36% weight loss and pH >5.0 (off the top of my head for salami) is correct but I can link you to the MLA guide for all smallgoods.

https://www.mla.com.au/globalassets/mla-corporate/research-and-development/program-areas/food-safety/pdfs/guidelines-for-the-safe-manufacture-of-smallgoods_2nd-edition.pdf

G'Day Mrs Butcher. You'll fit right in here.. :)

Do you ship?

I'd love to say yes, but I can't guarantee it will be treated with the proper respect during transit. (had an issue with my goods sitting on dry dock for 5 days instead of in a fridge)

That list is amazing. Guanciale, Culatello and bresaola being my favourites.

Looks like you have a few of your own creations in there too which is great to see. I'd love to try rumpetto. Is that beef or pork?

Culatello, Rumpetto and Fiocco are all pork leg broken down into primals - Rumpetto being the rump, culatello the Silverside and Fiocco being the round)

Edited 3 times, last by PLButcher: Added link ().

• Welcome - love it all

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!