Smoked Bread

• I often bake my own bread but (and I'm sorry if I'm not the first to think of this) but I decided a few weeks ago to have a try at smoking bread. I've just recently bought a Masterbuilt upright electric smoker and I'm still playing with it...

I made my bread as per usual - 15 minute kneading, 30 mins rising, a quick degas and another 30 minute rising - I then stuck it in the smoker for 10 minutes at 120C. The outer surface started developing a lovely pale golden crust. I transferred the bread to my oven for a further 25 minutes at 200 (fan forced)

Took it out to the hungry ones with some fresh butter and it was demolished in under 5 minutes! Delicate smokey flavour but not over done and still had a lovely crust on the loaf - only downside was the loaf spread out a bit more than normal instead of rising upwards.... but still not a bad effort!

Once you put my meat in your mouth, you're going to want to swallow.

• So it did take some smoke in then?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!