Praise Cheeses

• So, as if I don't have enough on my plate - I'm going to start learning how to make cheeses (for home use only - different licensing)

Have cheated slightly by buying a cheese making kit and a few bits to go with it.

Anyone had any experience? I'd love to have someone to bounce ideas off when I get around to it.

Cheers :D

Once you put my meat in your mouth, you're going to want to swallow.

• Wish I could help, but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about it. Watching with interest though.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Wish I could help. What is going to be your 1st variety?

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Wish I could help. What is going to be your 1st variety?

Made a very simple Mozzarella yesterday - from here: https://www.inthekitchenwithma…omemade-mozzarella-cheese and infused with basil. Not bad, not hard and hubby and 18yo son ate it without complaint haha. Pretty easy to start off - kits are on their way so will see how we go with that.

Kits are from https://cheesemaking.com.au/shop/premium-kit-iii/

I love the idea of making my own anything where I can - and cheese came up in conversation with a mate a few weeks back. He has some experience but not a huge amount so it will be a learning curve for us both.

Edited once, last by PLButcher ().

• Can you get raw milk easily. That's the one thing that holds me up from making some cheese's

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Can you get raw milk easily. That's the one thing that holds me up from making some cheese's

Haven't really started looking just yet - too close to Christmas and won't start til closer to February but I have a few people I can get the word to. Pretty solid farming community here so shouldn't a massive issue. Raw milk won't hold me back too much - only need non homogenised.

• I've done a very small amount of it, so definitely not an expert, still a beginner. I've also not done it for a few years, it's a time thing. Watching with interest.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• It doesn't have to be raw, but it does have to be unhomogenised.

Yeah, hopefully it will be a little cheaper than $5.80 per 1.5l if I can get it raw rather than supermarket prices. But will have a look around.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!