What are you Cooking December!

• Jealous. We always had a ham in the fridge for cold cuts in December, but never a ham for Xmas lunch.

Unfortunately MIL is still in charge of lunch duty and this year it was a pork loin, dryer than an otter's pocket.

• Scalloped or Au Gratin potato, my favorite side dish with ham!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Unfortunately MIL is still in charge of lunch duty and this year it was a pork loin, dryer than an otter's pocket.

You gotta start up a potluck tradition. Everyone bring one thing. Make it something small and simple for most if it's a big gathering. Potato salad or a fruit platter, that kind of thing.

Tell her you feel bad she always has to work hard hosting and you all really want to help her so she can relax and enjoy the day 😉

• Tell her you feel bad she always has to work hard hosting and you all really want to help her so she can relax and enjoy the day 😉

Unfortunately she's one of those intense people that can't relax or be helped, haha. Don't worry she's got plenty of good qualities too but making Xmas easier and more relaxing is not one of her priorities.

• A bit late but a very laid-back X-mas for me for a long long time.

Just a mate and me this year now the reluctant apprentice has flown the coop! =O

Did bacon wrapped turkey breast in the Z Grill 700e & a light glazed ham in the Z Grill Mini. :yum).

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E and the New MINI.....Aldi & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• My other half came home with a lump of aldi eye filet that was $35/kg

Was short on time as I'm building a carport but I put it in the oven on low until 44C then seared on the ziggy portable until 55C.

Samsung phone camera really over-exaggerates the redness.

• Turns out the primo cast iron flat plate sits perfectly in the grill2go. Obviously the wrong shape but it worked well enough to make some smash patties.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Some brisket burnt ends.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Forgive me it's a long time since I used a barbecue or posted anything. Urban Griller BBQ school gasser pizzas for the kids and their friends the other night, with home made pizza dough. The eagle eyed may also spot the Ikea rib / plate rack serving double duty as a height extender as empty cans are too tall.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!