New flattop

• I don't see the value in it at all. I'd rather just have a BBQ and a separate air fryer indoors.

An outdoor unit would kind of make sense if a kitchen isn't large enough for more gadgets, I suppose. Though I prefer dedicated devices that can be repaired or replaced independently of other things.

I sort of want one to do chips in, but it's way down on my list. First comes a stand mixer, a sous vide stick, probably a pressure cooker of some sort as I miss having one.

I'm not too interested in using one for more than chips. While belly crackling seems amazing in these things, I'm happy with getting almost as good crackle with some fire/smoke taste in the meat. Same with roasting other types of meat? I'm happy to be wrong but I haven't roasted meat in my oven for a decade now, so the convenience isn't a factor.

• I haven't roasted meat in my oven for a decade now, so the convenience isn't a factor.

I'm with you there, I reckon I'd be over 20 years. :cheers: :bbq:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Dang. Looks like this has been removed from the Bunnings website.

I was going to go in this week and order one. Snooze you lose I guess.

My bet is they were Grey imports, like the Kettle at Bunnings is now.

Midbury now have a distribution centre here in Australia, they do Chargriller, Masterbuilt and Kamado Joe, so you can expect the availability of those products to change

Bunnings will be looking for another good flattop, that's for sure!

• Disaster, the Chargriller was on my hitlist after I get the backyard rennos done (which have been the cards for a few years...)

On the plus side, if they are no longer stocking them, I might keep any eye out for any stock that's still kicking around some of the local Bunnings stores, might snag a clearance bargain...

• On the plus side, if they are no longer stocking them, I might keep any eye out for any stock that's still kicking around some of the local Bunnings stores, might snag a clearance bargain...

Apparently they're not grey imports and they're exclusively stocked at Bunnings in Australia. More are coming but no firm ETA.

Hope it's soon, I want one.

• After all the new fangled BBQ equipment that we've all been lucky to get, it's still good to see that the good ol fashioned flat plate BBQ can still get a look in these days. They can still be as much fun as a grill with all the fusion type foods we are able to access now. No longer are they just for snags and loin chops. I think Griddle cooking looks to becoming very popular in the US as well.

Ah yes...brings me back to the backyard barbies from the 60's and 70's :bbq:

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• G’day

A well done Y- bone steak with a butterfly snag. Slices of cooked spud in the grease.

Coleslaw made with a mayo of condensed milk and malt vinegar so it would go off in the heat. Beer cans and bottles that needed an opener. A spatular made from a brickies trowel. Sigh….. we had it all figured out

Regards CD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!