Masterbuilt Portable Charcoal Grill.... & A customer service Update!!

• Well I must be getting better as I grabbed one of these last week.

Great fast delivery seeing it came out of Perth arrived this morning.

Total of 13 instruction manuals which is plain stupid and such a aste IMO.

Really liking the look of these.

Here some pictures of the unit.

Pretty easy build unless you have :cursing: buggered lungs like me. :bbq:

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• It's a very new release here, I couldn't locate any in Victoria so reached out to the distributor (no longer Sitro).

This came out of Perth in the end, I'll PM you on the price. ;)

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Well, I did the first of two burn ins late yesterday.

All went fine with temperature gauge running with the thermoworks smoke to test.

This thing hit 270cish easy, just wish there was less ash on the right side of grill plate.

Still a great little unit IMO.

• How much lid height is there?

what sorts of cooks do you think it could be used for? I'm always looking out for a small unit to pack into a camper trailer but that lid looks a bit low.

Could that for a chook or half leg of lamb?

• Could that for a chook or half leg of lamb?

Easy Bduza it's about 11cm ...... it's in the specs or the manual. 3 chickens they say.

Just not size 25 .... 2.5kg unless you spatchcock them.

Was that straight charcoal or a mix with beads. If it was with beads there's you ash problems.

A mix with some coconut beads.

• Did the second burn in today. :thumbup:

Had a 440gr piece of scotch fillet to cook so tried a reverse sear ...a better grill grate would be great imo.

As we were having some wild storms here at cook time I thought I might as well give the 4aa batteries a run and they worked like a charm. :clap:

The photo with the inferred reading is when the grill temperature was sitting at 230c.

Steak was delicious!

• gourmetgalaxy December 24, 2022 at 10:23 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Masterbuilt Portable Charcoal Smoker/Grill” to “Masterbuilt Portable Charcoal Grill.”.
  • So, the cover for the portable grill turned up from the states yesterday.

None available here as yet so I grabbed this through Amazon and only paid a few dollars more than prices being quoted here. :thumbup: .

I do like the quality of the Masterbuilt covers.

On another note, I discovered that the socket that the power cord goes into comes out of its fitting when you remove the cord .......I actually have to put my finger on it to ensure I don't pull it right out.

You can see where my finger is pointing to see the issue.

Spoken to the supplier and awaiting feedback as to a fix.

• Now where was I before being interrupted by a blood transfusion.... :/

Ahh yes.......Customer service & that little problem I encountered above.^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Now I've worked in retail & wholesale most of my life, I think I know good from bad customer service. :cursing:

After being mucked around for weeks by the online retailer (Be Warned) who I'll call "BBQ SOLID CENTRE" for now (who can work it out??) & getting unsatisfactory customer service, it was time this morning to track down the Head honch of the new Distributer .... which is Masterbuilt themselves. (Middleby)

Well, that was a waste of time as by now I'm quite annoyed and it's coming over as aggressive :mad as: I'm told. :cursing:

It's only been 7 WEEKS & a wrong part was sent in the middle of all that wait and broken promises as well.

They have lost me as a future customer.

Worst customer service I've experienced from a BBQ Retailer/Company ..........EVER!

Edited once, last by gourmetgalaxy (February 22, 2023 at 9:25 AM).

• gourmetgalaxy February 21, 2023 at 3:04 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Masterbuilt Portable Charcoal Grill.” to “Masterbuilt Portable Charcoal Grill.... & A customer service Update!!”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!