What are you cooking - January 2023

• So what's on the BBQ this month ? Any NYE specials ?

Post away, but please don't forget to put more detailed posts showing methods etc. in the appropriate section elsewhere in the forum.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Some turkey burgers done in the Z Grill Mini.

Smoked @ 82c for the first 20 min then finished on 190c & High.

Swapped out the grill rack for the hotplate.

Bloody tasty burgers. :yum)

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Beef rib time. Coles had them going cheap from their butcher section, super marbled, I suspect fat injected.

Cooked early so I had a play with the new air fryer and found that the reheat function will go down to 40C, so set it to 65C for 60 min. It does not use the fan on this setting, simply the top and bottom elements.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Is that the Ninja DT 200 Waz ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I think it's this one......Ninja DT 200

Maybe we need a thread about air fryers. I've got a little Kogan model we've been using for a while just to see if it's worthwhile and I think we might go the next step up.

• Is that the Ninja DT 200 Waz ?

Apparently yes. I thought it was just called the Ninja XL, but I googled to double check and it seems its called the DT 200 and the XL.

My wife and I had been looking at getting something for a while but couldn't make up our mind. We went into Costco for a lamb pack, went to the checkout and the lady in front of us had one in her trolley. I asked her where they were in the store, and it turns out she had one for a year and was buying another for her daughter. She spoke very highly of it, and I figured to buy a 2nd one you must be happy, so we grabbed one.

Quick google search showed that Costco seemed to be the cheapest - $400.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Maybe we need a thread about air fryers.

I was thinking the same thing, I had a look in the electric section and was going to drop you a line. As we've been looking recently I've seen them mentioned a few times on here.

Now you have some cleaning up to do in this thread :D

• My favourite way to start the year, pork ribs on the masterbuilt gravity charcoal BBQ (I love this thing despite its shortcomings).

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• The difference is that the Ninja is more like an oven and the Phillips is a removable basket type.

• A simple Scotch fillet direct grilled over red gum charcoal on the mini kamado. Nothing fancy, no reverse sear but as I alwys do, it's flipped a lot.

• Home made bacon with eggs on the Grillz gasser with Grill Grates and their aluminium hot plate.

• A mate of mine makes it. I gave him some cure which I think you sent me ?

• well I've been in my new home for a couple of weeks and had been having withdrawl symptoms for Weberised food so we bought some gourmet flavoured snags from Harris Farm Albury as well as a pack of Chicken Marylands from Coles.

Alot of veggies too as I'm still a growing lad :D

i did finished it off with the maeylands but forgot the photo but i put on some tuscan rub on them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!