Airfryers

• This is for comments, questions or reviews of your air fryers. If you have one, here is the place to let everyone know your thoughts.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Edited once, last by Wazza ().

• We have the Ninja DT200 or the XL. Have only had it a short time, but it's kind of a combo small oven / air fryer. We went for something like this as we have a family of seven, and a couple of small draws simply would not cut it for our needs, especially with teenage boys doing elite sport, and the associated calorie requirements that go with high levels of training. Yeah, they eat a heap.

Also, our 900mm oven is temporarily out of action. So can it cook for a family of 7? Yes, with planning.

One of the first tests was cooking a roast lamb leg. The leg went in while I par boiled the spuds. Drained the spuds and filled the pot with chicken stock and put in the pumpkin and sweet potato. The leg was cooking much faster then it would have in a conventional oven, so I oiled the spuds and put them in the frying basket. Our usual is 2kg of potatoes, and cutting them larger allowed them to fit in the basket. They went in roughly 20min before the leg was done.

Once the leg was done, it was placed on a plate, foiled and put on top of the oven where it would keep warm (towel over the top). The remaining vegies were removed from the stock and put on a tray and into the oven. The stock was then used to make gravy while the meat rested and the vegies cooked.

The meat was great and the vegies crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Once the meat was removed I changed the function from bake to air fry for the vegies.

Have since done sweet potato chips, they are fantastic. It only recommends 2 level cooking, but I've done 3 supermarket pizzas at the same time which it did really well. I'm going to get a 2nd air fry basket (only $30) for chips for my lot. Doing it over 2 levels means I need to crowd them, I think I'll have more success with 3 levels but thinning them out. Cooking the amount of food I need to I know is pushing it's boundaries, so it does not cook as quickly as reported by people who only put the recommended amount in, but it's still quicker than the 900mm oven.

So far, very happy with it.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• We have a Kmart basket one. Cheap but does a good job. Have done pork belly in it and it was great.

Previously had a Phillips one and the plastic outside that holds the basket broke as when you took the basket out using the basket handle the clip came undone and the plastic bin fell to the floor and you were left holding just the basket.

Phillips didn’t replace it and pretty much said user error which it wasn’t.

So simply said screw you and went and got a cheaper version which works just as well and doesn’t have the issue with the basket.

I think Phillips have fixed the issue on the newer designs :shrug:

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• We have 2 air fryers. Both from Harris Scarfe not expensive ones. A large basket style and a rack style fryer. The basket one gets a lot more use but the rack style is perfect for chicken. We wouldn't be without them now. You don't need to buy expensive ones unless you want something outside of the norm . The Phillips ones don't do anything extra than the cheapies. They might just be a small oven with a fan but they do a great job.

• I have to laugh at the term 'air fryer' though. In reality they are small fan forced electric ovens, nothing more but they do a great job and are much faster and more economical than using a standard oven.

We had an older model for years, a relic from my MIL. But a year ago we got a cheap 12L Kogan one which does the job for the two of us. It's great for frozen chips, roast spuds and heating up pies or sausage rolls and has two cooking racks plus rotisserie and shaslik attachments and a cooking pot.

Temp range is 80-200c.

It cost $100 at the time but I see they are over $200 now. Very happy with it.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I've previously ranted and raved against these machines. The issue I had was with the idea they could replace a frier (they can't), but as an alternative to an oven they are actually great and very useful, often producing superior results or significant time savings.

I have the Phillips one. Definitely overpriced for what it is and an absolute PITA to wash/clean. Other than that, it works well and gets used mainly for frozen food like chips or chicken nuggets.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• We don't have naysayers in here and eveyone's comment is worthwhile.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Less than 2 months ago I replaced my 8 year old used-and-abused “Rank Arena” airfryer (got it for $10 on oo.com.au after using a $50 cokerewards voucher back in 2015) with a Philips XL connected(Wifi) one. I got the Philips one on Amazon heavily discounted($174, less than the non Wifi model) and so far I have been very happy with it. Similar size with the Rank Arena, but bigger capacity and stronger heating element. I have also used the top of the range XXL models at my in law’s place, I found them a bit too big for our family’s needs (capacity & bench space), as well as a bit too expensive.

Also, I have gifted a couple of Kmart ones to work friends, they have loved them!

• Post by Speckie ().

This post was deleted by Gumb ().
  • I have a bench top toaster oven much the same as Wazza and for nearly a year now I haven't used the big oven. Pretty useful including dehydrating fruits and Turmeric.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• My wife loves her gadgets. We have 3 airfryers. Thermomix, other things i am not even sure are used for.

one for inside, one for outside and one for a trial and review. Love them all.

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• My wife would rather lose her right arm than her Thermomix. It's a TM31 and I've suggested we upgrade but she's very happy with it.

• Everybody who has one needs to do a pork belly in one. This will get all the naysayers but until you do one your comment means nothing.

Haven't tried that yet. How nasty is the clean up? Do you get lots of smoke?

Other than that, we have a Philips model that came from Costco back in the day. Handle hasn't fallen off yet :)

Weber Q3200, Weber Original Premium Kettle

• We have an older Philips one that wifey bought used a while back to test the waters.

Buy the Philips Avance Collection Airfryer HD9643/17 Airfryer
    Philips unique TurboStar technology lets you fry with little to no added oil while still making your food crispy on the outside tender on the inside. Now with…
    www.philips.com.au

It's only 800g capacity so too small really for a family of four, maily gets used for knocking up a snack of oven bake stuff for the kids or some quick roast veges. Also really simple to use so Mr11 and Miss 7 will put something in with a little supervision. I've been meaning to do a bit of pork belly but keep forgeting where I put my 'roundtuit'. if this one breaks we'll get another one but definitely bigger. It also seems to heat up the kitchen less than using the normal oven. No issues with the handle either the biggest issue is people forgetting to clean it, it seems to have become my job :( .

• G’day

I have a small kambrook. It does a good potato chip……winter time only.

In Queensland summer it just pumps the heat into the kitchen.

We do most of the cooking in the hotter months on the gas bbq, wok burner Akorn jr and a single gas burner on the back verandah.

Regards Dave

• The (Sunbeam?) turbo oven was the one I mentioned that we’ve recently given away and replaced with the Kogan cheapy. It did a bloody good job.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!