• where did you get your Ninja ovens from?

Costco. Seems to be the cheapest from a bricks and mortar, may be cheaper on line. There is a partial bench shot on the What are you cooking thread.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Wazza  Urban Griller where did you get your Ninja ovens from? I've just been informed by management we are looking for an upgrade. Also is anyone brave enough for a kitchen bench pic, how big are they?

Look up YouTube for the Ninja DT 200.

Billy Guyatts had them for around $350 last week but I see they are now $419.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I have a large Philips. It’s 4 years old. It uses a basket.

Large is fine for two people. I would recommend XL for a family as it will take a 1 kg bag frozen chips.

Makes great pork belly.

For cleaning I use boiling hot water with dishwashing liquid to easily remove the grease in the kitchen sink and then pop it back into the unit and run for a few minutes to dry.

The prices for air dryers have dropped heaps over the past 4 years and I would buy a cheaper brand next time.

Edited once, last by 12x7 (January 9, 2023 at 6:37 PM).

• We've got a Cuisinart oven style one from Kitchen Warehouse. Been flogging it a bit lately, cooked allsorts of things. I like to pop the roast spuds, pumkin etc in there while doing a roast on the bbq. Pork belly gets amazing crackle!

Cheers, Wayne

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• That Thomson steam oven looks very interesting and the price is attractive.

We steam things like fish, dumplings and veggies in the Thermomix and steam definitely makes a difference.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I think steam ovens are common in commercial kitchens. I looked into an integrated one for the new kitchen I'm doing soon but they aren't cheap.

Any of you have experience with them? Do you think they're worthwhile? (ignoring cost)

• Sitting in a top asian style restaurant recently I had a good view of the kitchen area as it was an open plan and every time they opened the large oven a massive amount of steam came out, which I found fascinating. It's the best if it's affordable.

• Have used the one at Mums place. Cooks faster as water is a better conductor than air. Put stale bread it and use the reheat function, it comes out fresh. If I were planning a new kitchen, I'd personally be planning for one.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• every time they opened the large oven a massive amount of steam came out,

This is a Combi Oven, popular (as you would imagine) in professional kitchens. They use, convection, infra red, steam. fan forced, or a combination of the functions and can be programmed to go from steam to convection (or whatever) when you want, cook reliably when you are not there, and at the end of the shift, put detergent in and set it to Self Clean and go home, when you come back tomorrow it is clean and dry, ready to use! Imagine being able to brown the chicken inside your pressure cooker, these can do that, or imagine an oven that functions as a sous vide. that's the kind of thing a Combi oven will do!

The Anova Precision Oven was the first onto the domestic market, but they won't be the last:

Anova Precision Oven

• I should clarify, like UG mentioned, I was talking about a combi steam oven, not just a steam oven. The combi is more of a traditional oven for baking which adds steam. They have come down in price from where they were a few years ago.

• Saw this in Coles special buys, bench top combi steam oven. Could be a good cheap way to try a combi steam oven, or at that price it could give combi steam ovens a bad name.

• Well I must say the Ninja is getting heaps of use. Kids have worked out the re-heat and toast functions, and the eldest has cottoned on to how quickly things cook with the Air Fry function. My daughter does her hot cross buns using the bagel function.

At the risk of getting a ban, I've got beef ribs in there now on the roast function at 130 degrees. Tonight is one of those nights where we have to be in multiple spots at the same time - so I was able to put them in and leave.

Don't worry, I will self report re: use of an oven for beef ribs. =O

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!