Meat buy - I couldn't help myself

• Our local butcher posted these on the Facebook page and I just had to go and get some, relieving myself of $150 in the process. :shock:

Really meaty pork ribs

and lots of goodness on the beef shorties

What to do now is a nice problem to have. :bbq:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I bought a nice Cape Grim Tri-tip today at Harris Farm Markets in Albury, looks really nice. I hope it turns out ok.

A nice piece to reverse sear on the kettle tomorrow.

The bacon we bought from there last week was really tasty so she bought a bigger pack.

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• The Cape Grim ribs are a lot bigger than I expected. I think I'll be sawing them in half.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• They look great, but heck I can get the cheaper over here. They are going to be yummy I bet.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• They weren’t cheap that’s for sure and I forgot to add in my original post that I got a couple of scotch fillets too.

• forgot to add in my original post that I got a couple of scotch fillets too.

Is this one of those times you need a winning raffle ticket for the other half? :D

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• You have to pay for quality and they look great.

Good investment I reckon.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Last time I had some CG beef ribs I was disappointed.

I've been the same when I've done beef ribs, particularly cooking the two distictly different types of meat in those layers is a challenge.

• I've only had it twice, and not for years, but Cape Grim rump both times was sensational. Would love to know where to get it from.

• I can't remember where you live Wazza but I get Cape Grim at a Harris Farm Markets, they've held that brand for quite a few years. I've seen the Rump there but never bought it as it's way too big for just the Mrs and me but if I had a group over, I'd give a go. They are quite a big chunk of meat.

I now live in Albury and they've got a fantastic HFM here, the biggest in NSW I believe.

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

• Those pork ribs look very similar to what i get. I had the opportunity to get a 16kg box of pork ribs for $12/kg that looked like those but sadly couldn't justify it.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!