Solt Gas Pizza oven

• No but it came through on an email and I'm often temptred to buy a small quick fire gas pizza oven for those times when I don't feel like lighting up the Maximus. Might be good for base camping too but I think successfully taking pizza dough would be a problem.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Yes, I cant quite see Portable and Pizza oven in the same sentence. Imagine tryig to take all the bits to the beach and then rolling out dough etc.

As a compact gas unit for quick pizzas at home it could be a goer. Might have to go and look at one.

Cheers, Wayne

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• Don't tell me you left without one under your arm !

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• It was a close run thing mate. I'd really like to see a few more reviews. Solts other products seem to get pretty low scores on the reviews stakes. They use different manufacturers for their products ............ "The Sôlt range of products are designed and specified within Australia and made by leading OEM manufacturers within China, Turkey and Europe." so i guess it can be luck of the draw who actually makes it.

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• None of those gas pizza ovens or small gas BBQs are made here anyway and the price looks good. I think I saw the rec retail at around $500 ?

• Hi all, just read through this thread and thought I would share. Saw the special and could resist picking one up on Australia day. Prior to that they went listed at $599.00

After a few days of usage I'm pretty impressed with it so far. No faults to speak of thus far and very happy with the pizzas (apart from user error) I am a novice at pizza making and this is my first pizza oven so I guess take my opinion with a grain of salt but am happy to report in a couple of weeks how it's going if anyone interested.

• Nice looking result and I like the bit of char on thge edges. I'd buy one if I didn't already have my Maximus. I'm still tempted for a quicker result than having to light a fire.

• Hi GB, Looks great! You might just get me over the edge. I've been dillydallying around about one of these since Gumb posted about them.. What dough etc are you using for your bases?

Cheers, Wayne

hi Wayne, I'm making my dough from scratch using a double fermented recipe I found on YouTube.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it's a neopolitan style dough if you prefer that style.

00 flour I use is either Caputo or if I can't find it just a 00 from Coles.

• Hi GB,

How hot does it get?

Hi Wazza, I've just turned the oven on for another round 9f pizzas. I'll post a photo shortly when it gets up to temp. The center of the stone usually sits around the low to mid 400c

The closer the stone is to the flame it gets to around 500c

I found after each pizza the stone drops to about 340c so need to put the heat back up for a few mins to get back to temp before cooking the next one

• Don't forget you get $40 store cash to spend in the next month when you buy this. I use store cash for bits and pieces for my coffee maching like cleaning tablets and descaler etc.

So effectively, this oven only costs $259.

I know it's not wood fired but since the pizza is only in my wood fired oven for a couple of minutes I doubt that it's much different from a gas fired oven.

• Don't forget you get $40 store cash to spend in the next month when you buy this. I use store cash for bits and pieces for my coffee maching like cleaning tablets and descaler etc.

So effectively, this oven only costs $259.

I know it's not wood fired but since the pizza is only in my wood fired oven for a couple of minutes I doubt that it's much different from a gas fired oven.

I'm sure the wood would play a part in some fashion maybe even in flavour. As far as aesthetics of the pizza are concerned tho, I think these little gas ovens do a great job.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!