Solt Gas Pizza oven

• Hi Guys, new here. been following this thread. any more updates. love seeing the cooks.

saw this little fella at Good Guys and wondered myself. the price is right. it looked good. might give Gozney And Ooni a run for their money it seems.

it gets up to the right temp. and at $299, cant be beat. been eyeing off the Gozney for a few years, just couldnt take the plunge.

maybe i'll try this one.

love to see some ore cooking pics from those that have it

Rod

• Hi Rod, I'm due for another cook this/next week and will post again with the results. So far I've had my oven since Australia day (Jan 26) and so far no problems to speak of (outside of user error haha) still heats super fast, cooking is very much a trial and error operation but I think goes for most if not all of these ovens. My biggest concern was reliability as some other ovens at this price point had very weak stones that would break or wouldn't get past 400c.

The solt has exceeded my expectations for sure thus far. If you have any questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

• Evening all, apologies for all the delays in getting back to everyone. Has been a chaotic bunch of weeks. Just finished my recent cook and pleased to say went off without a drama. Comparing them to my older photos it seems like the base is getting crispier as well. So far the only drawbacks I've been able to find with this oven is the stone itself seems a little too small for the area (leaves about a 10mm gap to one side) which isn't a deal breaker by any means and the other was when I take the stone out to clean the bottom tray, there is no real outlet for me to sweep the rubbish for it to drop out of the oven. Once again no deal breaker as I just wait until the next day and hand vac it out. Anyways as usual if anyone has any questions please feel free to reply and I will do my best to respond. Happy cooking.

• Gave the Stolt its 3rd run tonight. Still mucking around with thickness of dough, heat of stone and where abouts in the pizza oven to actually place it.

Most successful for me was to heat the stone to 500c then turn the gas down a bit. Thanks gbranca117 😊

Made the pizzas a bit smaller this time. Probably around 11 inch.

Started them off towards the flame then kept turning them about every 20 seconds or so. We kept a close eye and pulled them towards the front cooler part of the stone if they started to burn.

This is oir first pizza ove and still a long way to go but enjoying the journey. 😊

Cheers, Wayne

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• Just thought I'd add my efforts to this post.

after a bit of research I thought to go with the solt for the price. there were some good reviews for it on good guys and I wasn't keen on paying more than double that for something I may not use too often.

Anyway my first few efforts were not great and burned quite quickly. I had sugar in my dough and wasn't turning down the gas once the pizza was in.

There is a knack to it and involves a couple of rotations and lowering the heat. I find placing the pizza closer to the opening works best for now but im still working on it .

Overall, I'm happy

• There is a knack to it and involves a couple of rotations and lowering the heat. I find placing the pizza closer to the opening works best for now but im still working on it .

Overall, I'm happy

I found the same, rotate often and bring towards the front. If I want a bit more char can move it closer to the heat once the bottoms done.

Cheers, Wayne

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• Hi all,

Been a while but thought I'd share some updates. Recently did another cook a few days back and found my ignitor had stopped working. Was able to get the oven going with a long stick lighter so was still able to get some pizzas done so happy about that. Since then I changed the batteries out twice and from what I can tell the pulse ignitor is either faulty or the contact points are, cleaned it all out and no luck. Just got off the phone to good guys after bringing the oven back in and they are happy to replace the product and they advised in metro melbourne only 1 other oven had been returned (couldn't tell me the issue) so was pretty happy with the outcome. I also just saw that these are on sale for $264 at the moment so if anyone is still on the fence about these, so far even with the ignitor issue, I couldn't be happier for the price. Great little oven. I've added a few images of the recent cook and like always if anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know.

• They are some good looking pies!

Been looking at these and the Hizo G14 from Kegland. Although I'm also closely watching my local Aldi which has a few tabletop pizza ovens still in stock for $199 but hoping to grab a bargain if/when they go on clearance :D

• They are some good looking pies!

Been looking at these and the Hizo G14 from Kegland. Although I'm also closely watching my local Aldi which has a few tabletop pizza ovens still in stock for $199 but hoping to grab a bargain if/when they go on clearance :D

Thanks, oh wow I haven't seen hizo g14 before, they look pretty good and the stone looks more substantial than solt one. As long as they can get to 500c I would definitely consider them.

• just unpacked it all and realised I didn't take into consideration having something to put it on in the backyard :/

So got it set up but not run a burn in yet as I need something put it on :D

Ahh yes I had the same issue when I first bought my solt. I'm really curious on the manual rotation of the stone which sound like it could be a great idea. Curious to get your thoughts when you have a chance to fire it up!

• Curious to get your thoughts when you have a chance to fire it up!

I put it together and think launching on the stone will be interesting. A flat bottom probably would be easier.

Seems solid enough, although the turning handle feels a bit flimsy and the paddle feels cheap. The carry bag/cover is a handy addition.

Firing it up will still have to wait. It has the new gas fitting and I have an old gas bottle so need to swap it over for a newer one. Shame as the old one is still probably 1/4 full.

• gbranca117 managed to find one video online of the oven in use. Not the best video but you can see the manual rotation in action

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• gbranca117 managed to find one video online of the oven in use. Not the best video but you can see the manual rotation in action

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I saw that video today as well. The rotation of the stone is a fantastic idea I think however I am concerned about the size of the stone. I feel like if the pizza isn't placed properly in the center you might encounter some issues. just some initial thoughts but would love to hear the feedback when you fire it up. Went past my local Aldi today but none in stock. Gonna try go the next closest tomorrow and see if they have one. Still waiting to hear back from good guys about my replacement Solt unit. Unfortunately they all seem to be sold out near where I live and need to get one brought in from Geelong. Might be another day or 2. I also did some digging on the hizo g14 and as much as I would love that unit, the lack of warranty and the fact that Alibaba sell it cheaper kind of put me off buying it. I'm just glad there are more options out now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!