• I'm guessing that many of you by now have heard of the amazing AI developments that are being made by the tech industry. With Chatgpt having proven itself to be a clear frontrunner.

So much so that following the public release of the latest beta version Google urgently recalled it's founders for emergency meetings. Yes chatgpt has the potential to completely disrupt the internet search market that is Google's cash cow.

I thought I'd check if the artificial great one could apply itself in our favourite field. This was the Q and A:

What's the best way to make pork belly with crackling

2 / 2

To make pork belly with crackling, follow these steps: Score the skin of the pork belly diagonally to create deep cuts.Rub the skin with salt and leave in the refrigerator overnight.Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F).Pat the skin dry with paper towels and rub with oil.Place the pork belly skin-side up on a wire rack set inside a roasting pan.Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the skin starts to crackle and puff.Reduce oven temperature to 160°C (325°F) and continue roasting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender and fully cooked.Remove from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.

Note: The crackling may not be perfect every time, but the key is to ensure the skin is well-scored, dry, and seasoned with salt and oil.

ChatGPT Jan 30 Version. Free Research Preview. Our goal is to make AI systems more natural and safe to interact with. Your feedback will help us improve.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Narmy

What's the best way to make smoky beef BBQ ribs

Chatgpt: Season ribs with dry rub.Smoke at 225°F for 3-4 hours.Wrap in foil with apple cider vinegar and butter.Smoke for additional 2-3 hours.Brush with BBQ sauce and finish on grill for 5-10 minutes.Rest for 10 minutes before serving.

Narmy:

What's the best dry rub to use on them?

Chatgpt:

A popular dry rub for beef ribs can be made with: PaprikaGarlic powderOnion powderBrown sugarSaltBlack pepperCuminCayenne pepper (optional for heat). Mix ingredients in a bowl and apply evenly to ribs.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Can you ask it what the best BBQ forum is ??

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• I'm lost. I have no idea what this is about. :shrug:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I'm lost. I have no idea what this is about. :shrug:

Sorry folks. I thought you may have heard about this.

AI = artificial intelligence

Chatgpt is the latest AI and went viral in November/December when the makers released it to the public as a beta release (incomplete, testing phase). It's more than a little scary tbh.

You can ask it to write correspondence, answer test questions (universities are trying to work out how to stop it) and lots of other amazing things.

For example yesterday I needed to address a package to a place in Japan, but I was baffled as to how to write it because it has a couple of extra bits (neighbourhood, ward, prefecture) and my form had the usual AU boxes only.

I asked chatgpt and it did it for me. I asked it why it needed to be like that and it explained it all to me. Incredible!

• Can you ask it what the best BBQ forum is ??

What is the best BBQ forum?

The best BBQ forum would depend on individual preferences and opinions, but some popular ones are:

BBQ Brethren

Smoking Meat Forums

Big Green Egg Forum

Amazing Ribs

The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board

Weber Kettle Club.

Looks like we have some work to do bushy ^^

• Is it an App ? a website ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I heard about is a little while ago and told my wife who is an English teacher about it. She was sceptical so I asked it to analyse the novel A Fortunate Life by AB Facey. It sat there for about 10 seconds then put out an answer that shocked my wife.

She said we'll make the kids have to quote the test, so I asked it the question again telling it to include quotes from the text, and guess what. it nailed it.

Several schools have had emergency meetings and it looks like they are going to all move to in class assessments. It's going to be interesting at University. I wouldn't hand in what it generates, but it would give you a pretty good 'first draft' to put your personal spin on it.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• It's a bit sad. Humans are on the verge of being made obsolete.

Hey Alexia! Make me some pulled pork!

Alexa finds the recipe, instructs the digital printer with the genetic goo and prints the food. Lasers cook the food and slice the food into the correct texture etc. The digital printer also prints the plates, utensils and condiments and drinks.

At the end of the meal all the stuff left over eg plates, utensils etc is recycled ready to make the next meal.

Edited once, last by 12x7 (January 31, 2023 at 10:24 PM).

• I would like to try this:

Pork Belly Roasted Potatoes Recipe

Narmy

Write an original recipe for pork belly and potatoes

Chatgpt

Pork Belly and Roasted Potatoes

Ingredients:

1 lb pork belly, sliced into 1-inch pieces

2 lbs baby potatoes, washed and halved

4 cloves of garlic, minced

1 large onion, chopped

3 tbsp olive oil

2 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp brown sugar

1 tsp paprika

Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and paprika.

In a large mixing bowl, add the pork belly slices and pour the soy sauce mixture over it. Mix until the pork is evenly coated.

In another mixing bowl, add the halved potatoes and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and mix until the potatoes are evenly coated.

Spread the pork belly slices on one half of the prepared baking sheet. Arrange the potato halves on the other half.

Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the pork is crispy and the potatoes are tender.

Remove from the oven and place the pork belly and potatoes on a serving platter. Top with chopped onions. Serve hot.

• I heard about is a little while ago and told my wife who is an English teacher about it. She was sceptical

Apparently some teachers have figured out they can use it to help mark student work faster. Not to mark it entirely but assist somehow. I'm not sure how as I'm not a teacher.

Chatgpt isn't flawless. It has been caught making up quotes and references for scientific questions, for example. You're right though - it's already a powerful assistant. Get that first draft, truth it, find real references, etc.

I wonder if it could write angry letters to telstra for me?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!